Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caro has barely played this year and with all her problems do you think she wll retire. Always plays Tokyo PPO no show. Barely played all year

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Re: Could Wozniack retire this season

the Woz can retire now, take 2-3 years off and then come back again... everybody sees what Williams is doing and figures they can go until 40 if they don't burn themselves out.

·
Registered
115,503 Posts

I cant believe her dad wants to keep travelling all year now that Caroline has this illness and her game sucks. He's been doing this for 15 years and it was a full time job with very little time at home.
But I dont know what she's planning. Its obvious from all the old players on tour that some love it and want to keep doing it even though they can barely win a match

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
225 Posts

I think she is playing because she loves tennis. She is ranked 50 in the race, which considering her illness is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts

I think she likes the travel.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts

Yeah those 2 upcoming Chinese events might be her last tourneys... but I hope she'll reconsider after seeing that a bunch of girls who played in 1990s are still around trying, also now after Kim announcement

Reactions: goldenlox

·
Registered
That Woman
4,465 Posts

She's got 1600-ish points to defend from Wuhan-Beijing-YEC, so by year end she could be out of the top 50. I think she'll see where she is after the Olympics next year and that'll be that.

My guess is post-Olympics will see a flurry of retirements. I'm guessing the 2020 US Open will be Wozniacki and Venus's last tournament. I'm guessing Moscow 2020 will be Sharapova and Kuznetsova's last tournaments.

If Serena has already won #25 after the 2020 US Open, she'll retire.
If she's at #24, I'm guessing she gives 2021 a shot to break the record, but I wouldn't put money on it.
If she's still at #23, she absolutely gives 2021 a shot.

·
Registered
926 Posts

She's been winding down ever since winning Australia. She should carry on otherwise she'd only ever be known as a 1 slam wonder, like Bartoli.

·
Registered
21,857 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

She is a brilliant match player, always has supported the WTA week after week. Surely this will be the first season without winning a title in years!!!!!! Just seems sad and I wonder if the pain is too much to play as much as she does. She is a player who needs matches.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts