Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Trainwreck
58,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean, it's unlikely but think about it. If Nicole can find the form of her glory days two years or so ago and Serena's playing badly and hobbling on one leg, who knows.

Serena's lost to much worse opponents on clay this year (Zakopalova).

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
they both have to make 2r yet :lol: which is not that easy for both :lol:

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Serena will win in straights.

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
no

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
It is possible for sure, depends on Serena. But this is a slam and no one will take her down without a fight.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
nicole has to win her first round before that

·
Registered
19,560 Posts
One of them might not make it.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,473 Posts
I mean, it's unlikely but think about it. If Nicole can find the form of her glory days two years or so ago and Serena's playing badly and hobbling on one leg, who knows.

Serena's lost to much worse opponents on clay this year (Zakopalova).
If Serena loses in the 1st two rounds she is much more likely to lose to Zakopolova. Assuming Serena beats Zakopalova she won't have a problem with Vaidisova. Take a look at the form of both Zakopalova and Vaidisova on clay this year. It is clear which player poses a greater threat and not just because Zakopalova has already beaten Serena this year. And as others have pointed out Vaidisova might not get past Ruano-Pascual.

Having said all that I think Serena biggest early round threat will come in the 3rd round against Maria-Jose Martinez Sanchez.

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,288 Posts
If Serena loses in the 1st two rounds she is much more likely to lose to Zakopolova. Assuming Serena beats Zakopalova she won't have a problem with Vaidisova. Take a look at the form of both Zakopalova and Vaidisova on clay this year. It is clear which player poses a greater threat and not just because Zakopalova has already beaten Serena this year. And as others have pointed out Vaidisova might not get past Ruano-Pascual.

Having said all that I think Serena biggest early round threat will come in the 3rd round against Maria-Jose Martinez Sanchez.
I agree. That's where the danger really arises.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
I will be very disappointed if the talented VRP goes down to Vaidisova.

If Nicole does win that 1R still can't see her troubling Serena though it would be a match worth watching. That's assuming Serena ends her losing streak in the 1R which she probably will.

·
Registered
12,969 Posts

totally agree

·
Stanning for Andi
20,985 Posts
I like Vaidisova but I'd love Ruano Pascual to win another main-draw Grand Slam match :hearts:

But Martinez Sanchez does worry me. She can bamboozle anybody with her guile and variety but having said that, M-J has to navigate past a seeded player in the first round...

Reactions: Temperenka

·
V-I-K-A
11,074 Posts
If the girl who made the semis at RG in 2006 shows up, Serena will have her hands full. But if Nicole still isn't playing her old game, Serena will hand her an easy loss.

Hopefully Nicole does reach the second round. :sad:

C'mon Nicole :bounce:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Nicole's slump will end one day (I hope).
For some reason I think this day will come soon. So, maybe yes.

Reactions: Temperenka

·
V-I-K-A
11,074 Posts
I just thought more about this match. Serena is obviously going to come out focused knowing what Nicole is capable of. If Nicole starts playing well, Serena is going to get fired up, Nicole will feed off that and further raise her game, the crowd will get into it, and this will be a great second round match. That is the best case scenario though. :sad:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts