Tennis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
24,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is abt the leipzig draw.
they're both in clijsters quarter, dokic a possible 2nd round opponent for the top seeds. normally, this would be a downer for their fans, but i think this is a good opportunity for them to play well and get an upset. they need just one upset and they'd be on their way back, IMO. im not saying that either WILL beat kim, im just saying that it's a good possibility.
what do you guys think?

· Registered
7,943 Posts
everything is always possible.

Kim will be jetlagged and rusty too, so if they play like they can then definately they can win, these are dangerous matches for Kim. I think Hantuchova has a bigger chance than Dokic though as Dokic has not played well in US Open, Shanghai and hasn't had a good win for a while. Whereas Daniela just beat Kuznetsova which is like (correct me if I am wrong) but one of the highest ranked players she has beaten this year and to do it in straight sets given kuznetsova's recent form shows she is in good form.

· Registered
2,666 Posts
I think both have the type of game Kim likes to play against, and thus have no chance of winning.

Kim likes the pace, and likes couterpunching against big-hitters, but neither are good movers so she won't have to work that hard to win points aggressively.

Kim just has the type of game to destroy big hitting, inconsistent players. I don't expect them to win more than 2 games each set... :p

· Registered
7,943 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
yea the kuznetsova match should definitely go on the highlight real for this bleak year from dani... thats for sure.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I'd put it on there :p

So do you think either Dokic or Hantuchova could beat Kim?? That is ofcourse assuming these match ups happen :)

· Banned
3,883 Posts
Im assuming my Swiss Miss Patty can beat Daniela on Wednesday, therefore playing Kimmy ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.