Tennis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tamarine Tanasugarn begin this season with awful performance….She plays really well and consistently …she lifts up her level..
Finally she’s reached her goal ,being a top twenty of the world…and today she’s no.9 of race to the chase…
I hope she can continue her good form through the year and make something impressive happen…
Which one u think she could (or couldn’t) make it this year and why? Please share …
-Make the 3rd rd at Roland Garros for the first time.(Last year she didn’t win any match on clay!)
-Capture her first title (2 final this year..)
-Go further than Rd 4 of Wimby.(after 4 years rd.4 consecutive)
-Crack in Top16!
-As a top 16 seed in Grand Slam
-Play her first time WTA Championship!!
-Take the title in her home country ,Pattaya Thailand.
-Else?

As u know her last match she lost to Testud so far 6/2 6/0(Bagel!) in Dubai.:eek:
So we should prepare if she has slump or struggle moment that could happen to any one on tour..
I believed Tammy could make some of these this year…let’s see
Thanx.
:wavey:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah i think she can make it...

Shes playing well...she could very win more than 2 titles this year<hopefully>! Hope she makes the top16 and do well in the grandslams!!! Good Luck To Her!!! Yeah TaMmY!!!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
713 Posts
:wavey:

'Wadee ka, Khun Shana!

All very good points and questions. Perhaps when Tammy gets to L.A., I can ask her directly and post the answers for you.

I think the 3rd round of the French would be the hardest thing for her to do because she lacks the patience to play a good clay tournament. There seems to be an impatient gene in the family that sometimes tries to force things to happen. However, she NEEDS to do well during the clay season to earn more ranking points. IMO that's how players like Montolio, Suarez, etc. were ranked higher than Tammy last year.

Is Wimbledon seeding by rank this year, or do they still reserve the right to seed as determined by committee? I REALLY think Tammy deserves a 16 seed for being in the last 16 four years running, don't you?????

I think she knows, as we all do, that she really needs to work on her serve and her mental concentration in order to get into the Top 16 and stay there. She can keep up with the best players on the tour, but the key difference is just a few crucial points here and there.

Sometimes a straight sets loss is not as easy as it looks. Unfortunately against Testud, it was pretty bad because Sandrine was playing very well and because Tammy said she was so drained after being sick for the whole week. She felt like she couldn't run at all.

Anyway, Tammy, go out and win a title for your big sis for her birthday, won't you? It's OK if you can't give me the trophy today! ;) :kiss:

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hi Shana and Rose:wavey:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY:D:D

-Make the 3rd rd at Roland Garros for the first time.(Last year she didn’t win any match on clay!) - YEP:)

-Capture her first title (2 final this year..) - I am sure she can do this if she keeps up this form!
-Go further than Rd 4 of Wimby.(after 4 years rd.4 consecutive) - Yes! I think she can make the quarters, even the semi's

-Crack in Top16! Will be tough, but no reason why she can't
-As a top 16 seed in Grand Slam - I agree with Rose, she should have a permanent one for Wimby!!!!
-Play her first time WTA Championship!! - Just has to stay consistant throughout the year, and she is there.
-Take the title in her home country ,Pattaya Thailand. - Not if she makes the WTA championships, but it would be really cool, but I think she is a better player than a teir V now
-Else? TOP 10
:bounce: :bounce:

Go TAMMY, Get Well:D:D

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Dirt and Grass.

Unfortunately there are more "clay" tournaments
than grass touranments on the WTA tour.

Tammy's gotta get that short attention span
under control. The thing is that girls like
Suarez can run all day on dirt. On the
other hand your Lindsay's and Venus's don't
seem to make to much changes to their
game to win on dirt. It is possible to play
offensive tennis and win.

Tammy's gotta wait for the chance of the
winner. It's not like they're Serena and will blow
her away for power. The Dirt girls like to rally
a bit to get in their groove. Tammy should
wait a bit and take over the rally's and hit
hit winners.

Heheeh. It's sounds so easy for you and I to
say these things because we're not pro tennis
players, but I truly think Tammy could play
her style and win on dirt.

I would love to see her in the top 16. It would
be great to see an Asian player in the WTA
year end championships. Look at Meghan S? She's not
doing any better than last season; Tammy could
def. take her spot. (sorry, Meg fans)

TBS- Tell Tammy we all wish her well.
Especially everyone based in Southeast
Asia. (I'm an American expat in Singapore)

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
:bounce: Happy Birthday Rose!!! :bounce:
(Yours and my own bigsis' are one day apart :D)

I don't know Tammy as well as you do :rolleyes: but I was about to post the same: all of the possibilities mentioned by Shana are likely to happen, the toughest probably being a 3rd round in RG, and then the Chase. But none is out of reach :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
713 Posts
:wavey: :kiss: :hearts:

Thanks, everybody for the good wishes for Tammy and me. I think I've passed the age where I should start counting backwards every Feb. 23rd! But if I do that, then soon I won't be TammysBigSis anymore, at least not numerically! :rolleyes:

I truly think that being Thai is both a blessing and a curse. Tammy is so lovable and humble, but sometimes too much so. As GoSandrine said in another thread, Tammy has to learn how to "talk trash" in a positive manner (by giving herself the credit she deserves without ripping the other player too badly). As Tammy's travel companion in past years, I've often heard her question herself and her abilities, especially after tough losses. It seems as if the joys of her victories don't last nearly as long as the heartbreak of her defeats. [Tennis' version of Michelle Kwan? ;)]

G'day, Benny! Thanks for your vote of confidence. I hope she lives up to her talent and starts to believe in herself.

Bonjour, GMT! YBS is the 24th or the 22nd (like Nathalie)? Joyeux anniversaire to them both! For a present, is there anyway to resurrect the Tammy wink? :D Good luck with your thesis, etc.!

'Wadee ka, Khun jirobkk! Thank you so much for your birthday e-mails! Kob khun ka!

Looking forward to Tammy's arrival in L.A. Seems like she's already sending the Bangkok heat this way, minus the humidity (thank goodness!). Will be glad to pass along messages to her once she gets here (2 or 3 March, according to Ms. T.).

Thanks again, everybody!

:wavey: :hearts: :kiss: :wavey: :hearts: :kiss: :wavey: :hearts: :kiss: :wavey: :hearts: :kiss:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Happy Birth day krub P' Rose :)
Tough Tammy couldn't bring u any trophy on your birthday...but being a top twenty is a wonderful present for u...and That's the history of Thai sports field;)
If u ask me what I wanna see her make the most...
I wanna see her play well ..I mean 'BETTER' on CLAY...
don't wanna check the result and found that she lost 1st rd. every clay tourny...
and everything will be better she should got more point,and better ranking etc...

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Hi Rose,
Please tell Tammy "wish her all best of luck" and take lot of her pictures.

Finally I've seen Tammy vs Hingis' s quarter final match in Toray Pan Pacific Open 2002 on TV today. :D Tammy broke Hingis's service game 2 times in the first set. Hingis won the first set 6/3 and second set 6/2. :D

She impressed me very much with her deep ground stroke both forehand and backhand, especially backhand down the line. ( After the match, Hingis admired her that Tammy played better than she expected. :hearts: ) Her problem is Tammy could not hold her service game, she need to improve on her service if she want to beat top ten players.:hearts:

I don't much expect her on clay court since Tammy's game is not clay court's game. This year she play 3 clay tournaments, Rome, Madrid, Roland Garros Paris and she can boost up her ranking because she doesn't has point to defend.:D

Unfortunately there are only 3 grass tournments in 3 weeks. And surprising me that there are still have clay tournament after Wimbledon.:mad:

IMO, Tammy love to play indoor too. (She used to gave an interview that she like to play indoor) She's added more indoor tournament (5 tourney so far) in this year schedule and I think she can improve her ranking by taking advantage of that.:hearts:

I think Tammy can break into Top 15 if she can continue this great form.:hearts: :hearts: But one thing I have to tell you, Shana, if Tammy get into top 15 we are all Thai tennis fans will miss her in Pattaya.:sad: :sad:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Sawaddee ka ;) Rose! Thank you for the kind wishes :kiss:
MBS' bday is tomorrow. Nathalie's was on the 21st :eek: but she won't resent me for the delay (as if she cared anyway :sad: ;))
The Tammy wink is still there and I have used it sometimes on this board, the code is still the same! (Just click on "quote" to see it...)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After lost to Sandrine with effect of cold...
she's back to the tour again
then lost to Cara Black with Tammy's tradition..(It's back again!!):mad:
next lost to Farina Elia 3/6 2/6... yeah Silvia is tough..
The only one player who's ranking higher than her that she beat this year is Maleeva...
I just doubt that what I mention above is too high expectation???
I'd would say YES! if she's back to be the old Tammy..
Clay court season is beginning...glad to see her play more clay event..and wish she win some matches,
It's her chance to collect the point ...
please take it as many as u can..
B4 Grass Court season ,The season of defending begin..
G'd luck...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THE FIRST MISSION CLEARED!!!!

Finally her worst surface,the clay season is over.
Struggling ,lost almost every match she’s played on clay…
But the final curtain with debut in the 3rd. rd. of Roland Garros, the clay Grand Slam, relieve us from that bad moment…
YES! SHE DID IT .The First Mission Cleared! Making the first third rd. appearance at French Open.. (I don’t care how she did it),the things that u guys said It might be the hardest from the list above, so why not the easier others left?!?;)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Let see how she did on the passing clay season..
Win-Loss record 3-6 (still not good but better than last year)
Collected about 103 pts.
And make the new career high ,no. 19 of the world on her worst season, sound good.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Next the Grass court season is beginning..
I don’t expected much, Just ‘FUN & DEFEND’ Tammy(309 pts. From only 3 tours!).:eek:

Anyway she could clear the other 3-4 missions on her fav. Surface,
Grab the first title at Bermingham(from the commitment she’s the 1st seed but Dokic might join)..
If she could hold her first trophy then she’d be first 16 seed at Wimby(I don’t mind ,the lower seeds might have a better draw) .
Go further than Rd.4 at wimbledon seem so hard (draw pending) but if she could make it she will be top16 of the world.
……………………………..
G’d luck Tammy.

·
Registered
336 Posts
first mission cleared!!!:bounce: :bounce:
yeah, it's the toughest

i think next is being top16 in
grand slam ,as now she' 19
without tuziat and davy she would
be seeded in top16 :D

and else? i wanna see she beat
top10 ,is that possible?
imo yeah, i can feel it's coming
soon on grass

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.