Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey -

I'm looking up info about a particular player, and was wondering if anybody knew what language this was so that I could run it through a translator? The only stuff I can figure out is the stuff that I already know;)

http://www.i.kth.se/i00_mrp/rafael_nadal.htm

I would have put it in one of the tennis forums, but I'm not asking a tennis related question :p That, and more people read this than the mens tennis forum.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
It's Swedish.

·
Registered
19,008 Posts
ja it's svenska :D i could translate it. or you can wait for errr... Martina (*bubbles*) since she actually knows swedish, while i'm just norwegian ;)

·
Registered
19,008 Posts
his personal info - i guess you already know it?

ITF ranking by the end of the year

2002: 208

no ranking in 2001 and 2000

ATP

2002: 200
2001: 811
2000: no ranking

Junior stats:

2002:

Won European Vinter Cup (boys 16) indoor, teamed up with Spain.

Winning team European Championship Boys16 with Spain

Semifinal Wimbledon Grade A ITF (duh)

Winner Junior Davis Cup with Spain

2000:

Winner team World Championship with Spain.

Won Les Petits AS (unofficial Junior WC boys 14)

Won Master TC Prato ETA boys 14 (Masters tourni with Europe's best players)

1999:

Won TIM 91 ETA boys 13

Senior stats:

2nd round Mallorca ATP

semifinal Barca challenger

Won Spain F5 etc.

2001:

Semifinal Spain #7, 3rd ??

Quarterfinal Spain #7 Masters

Quaterfinal Spain #7 2nd ??

2nd rounf Sevilla Challenger

Facts:

His close relative Miguel Nadal is a pro football player in spain

they refer to him as the biggest talent in Spain since Juan Carlos

won his first ("futuretitel"?? is that seniors tourni or something??) in Alicante July 2002. Won another 5 "futuretiel" and climbed 611 places on the ATP ranking.

Became the 9th player to win an ATP match as a 15 year old. That was in Mallorca against Ramon Delgado. He lost his following match against Olivier Rochus

Is very stable from the baseline and has a wonderful stroke. Needs to improve his serve a lot.

Trains with Carlos Moya when they're at home at the sametime. Moya and Nadal are both from Mallorca. He even has Moya as his idol.

attends a school for athletes and the training enviroments a great.

Likes to play on fast surfaces and his fave syrface is GreenSet. Plays offensive tennis and has a strong physic.

Was right handed, but started with train with left hand. Started to play with double backhand+forehand. His coach is his unle Toni Nadal.

:D

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
per4ever said:
the .se in the URL was a huge tip ;)
Yes, I knew it before I clicked on the link ;)

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
lmao "Futures titles" are like challengers! :p Not senoirs events! :p

·
***** Emeritus
42,246 Posts
Rebecca said:
Not if you have no previous experience that would have taught you that .se means the site is sweedish.
Those Canadians :rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Crow said:
Those Canadians :rolleyes: :p
Well really; why the hell would I have been going to sites where I can't speak the language? Why would I have gone to a Sweedish site before? I'm glad that some of you have found it just so amusing that I didn't know what .se was, and I'm glad that it's cushioned your egos to look down on me because I did not... but the world does not revolve around Europe, and not everybody lives there, and not everybody knows the ends of urls for every countrt/language. Sheesh, and it's Americans who get the stereotype of being egocentric? Ha, my bad.

Not directed at you Crow, just some random agitation.

Marri - thank you very much! :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts