Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know she turns into Chokomomo at Roland Garros but I was pondering on if she could possibly be affected by the pressures at a smaller French event. I think the more intimate setting could help settle her, but you never know. She only played once here in 97 going 1-1. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Hmmm it could help her.....who knows with her though.

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another thing I thought about, was that maybe she's trying to prepare herself or something like that :shrug:

I'm interested to see how she will do here and if it will have a positive impact on her FO performance..

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I dont think it will affect her at all... Didn't she win Paris GDF at least twice?
If she makes an early exit, it will only because she is still struggling after her surgery IMO.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I think its interesting that Amelie decided to play a smaller event in Strasbourg. I think she really wants to get more matches in. Stasbourg by the way is close to the German border its a very unique place in France.

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
no. she always plays well at the Open Gaz de France or whatever

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I don't think so. The crowd alsacien is different from the crowd parisien that represents the centre de l'etat. I want her to win it all!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I don't think so. It only seems to be the French Open where she completely collapses even in earlier rounds. She should be ok here but it just depends how she is holding out physically, it would be great for her confidence if she could take the title at a very impressive looking Tier III!

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
this year,before even thinking about her nerves,she should think about finding again her level of play.
This is unforturely true. :tape:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I don't think it will be a question of nerves at Strasbourg, like others have said the Open gaz de France has never been a problem! It is a question of match play and finding her rhythm.. at least this year, I don't think there will be so much expectations of her at RG.. who knows with Amelie though.. part of being a Amelie fan is the ability to ride the roller coaster!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
i really wish her all the best for the year..amelie's tennis is a joy to watch :)

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,309 Posts
I like amelie, but she's as fragile as hell in front of a French crowd. Even at the Gaz de France this year, a tournament she loves, she blew a 4-1 lead against Petrova i believe.

Still this is a fairly low-key event in france, so they wont be baying for her success:lol:

Still when in France..............:unsure:

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Anything can happen in Strasbourg.
When Lindsay played there in 2005 she lost to Claudine Schaul.
She got little to no support from the fans there and she didn't like being really the only top player there.
She vowed to never play a tournament like that again.

That happens actually a lot to top players who play smaller tournaments.
So if that happens there, Mauresmo could get nervous that way too. :lol:

I don't think either scenario will happen here though.
She might not win this tournament but I doubt she'll be out of it in the early rounds.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
It will be very hard for her, not only because of her nerves, but also because she is not in good phisical conditions

·
Banned
4,149 Posts
It will be very hard for her, not only because of her nerves, but also because she is not in good phisical conditions
Exactly!

btw. vamos chokomomo!:bounce:

·
Registered
52,365 Posts
no. she always plays well at the Open Gaz de France or whatever
Exactly. How quickly poster forget. :tape:
this year,before even thinking about her nerves,she should think about finding again her level of play.
:bowdown:
I don't think it will be a question of nerves at Strasbourg, like others have said the Open gaz de France has never been a problem! It is a question of match play and finding her rhythm.. at least this year, I don't think there will be so much expectations of her at RG.. who knows with Amelie though.. part of being a Amelie fan is the ability to ride the roller coaster!
Well said!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts