Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 470 Posts

·
Registered
14,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After several months of healing her injuries, attending the Oscars, and being trapped under Reilly Opelka's foreskin... the queen is BACK and partnering with Jamie Murray! The mixed doubles draw will come out on July 29th, and Queenus will be aiming to win the only Wimbledon title she has yet to. Finally partnering up with someone unproblematic, please join me in this cheering thread to root our legend on to Grand Slam Glory! :love: 8th time's the charm??

Previous mixed results at Wimbledon:
1997: R1 (with Christo van Rensburg)
1998: SF (with J*st*n G*m*lst*b)
1999: QF (with J*st*n G*m*lst*b)
2005: R3 (with Mark Knowles)
2006: RUNNER UP (with Bob Bryan, lost to Vera Zvonareva and Andy Ram)
2019: R2 (with Frances Tiawful)
2021: R2 walkover (with Nick Kyrgios, who withdrew with injury)
2022: 🏆(with Jamie Murray)

Please begin the prayer circle sistren, we have unfinished business at this slam!! And without having played in a year, Veesus needs all the voodoo and black magic we can muster for her campaign to get under way. 👀 🔮✨☠📜

This thread is kindly sponsored by Jamba Juice.

·
Registered
14,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
[1] E. Shibahara / J. Rojer
A. Guarachi / A. Karjicek
S. Stosur / M. Ebden
[WC] H. Watson / K Skupsi

A. Rosolska / M. Venus
:cheer: [WC] V. Williams / J. Murray :cheer:
[WC] A. Barnett / J. O'Mara
[5] G. Olmos / M. Arevalo

[3] S. Zhang / N. Mahut
L. Hradecka / G. Escobar
[WC] O. Nicholls / K. Edmund
C. Gauff / J. Sock

K. Christian / M. Gonzales
A. Cornet / E. Roger-Vasselin
S. Sanders / M. Purcell
[8] A. Klepac / F. Polasek

[6] S. Mirza / M. Pavic
N. Dzalamidze / D. Vega Hernandez
[WC] L. Chan / I. Dodig
E. Routliffe / A. Mies

L. Kichenok / R. Matos
B. Haddad Maia / B. Soares
D. Schuurs / A. Behar
[4] G. Dabrowski / J. Peers

[7] J. Ostapenko / R. Farah
H. Chan / B. McLachlan
M. Kostyuk / L. Kubot
N. Melichar-Martinez / K. Krawietz

E. Perez / M. Middelkoop
Z. Yang / S. Gonzalez
A. Muhammad / T. Kokkinakis
[2] D. Krawczyk / N. Skupski

·
Registered
14,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Draw posted! Venus has a winnable R1 and maybe R2 but is definitely in the toughest quarter. Gauff is also in the same half. Kokkinakis and Asia Muhammad down the bottom are a hot team. 👀 Remember, they only have to win five matches to take this slam!

Mixed matches will start on Friday and the final will be on Thursday (due to the truncated draw this year). Let the games begin!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Venus ass wig get EVERYTHING READY for this one! Venus/Rosolska WHO? She's playing a POSER! DRAG THEM!

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Someone’s idea for a nickname for the team that I just saw on IG, Wilmur ☠

Looking forward to the first match! :cheer:

·
Registered
14,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sending hugs @Mybabyserena !

I agree with Joe that this is a great way to ease her way back. Good question @Sister Price about why she didn't announce it, especially since she said she would definitely let everyone know when her next match was. :unsure: Perhaps there was no fanfare because she probably didn't think she was going to be there until very recently? (I am assuming that when Serena and her coach went to Wimbledon she thought 'why not').

I still believe she is shooting for a singles comeback at the re-added DC event, after sharing their instagram post a while back.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I think she didn't think she was going either and then maybe once the AELTC invited her to the Centennial celebration, Eric and Serena probably talked her into bringing her racquets! It's a great way for her to assess herself before easing back on tour.

And who knows? Another twitter Veeliever who hates the Vee disrespect as much as I do, has been complaining about them leaving her out of the promos? They said there's a promo with all the retired greats (Graf, Agassi, Nav, Borg, etc.) and then they move on to the current players but she's nowhere to be found??? WHAT?? Miss FIVE WIMBLEDON TITLES isn't in y'all little promo?? Nope. I haven't seen it yet but if anyone has, can you post it??

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
I’m thinking court 1 because that has 2 women’s and 1 men’s singles match scheduled, while center has 2 men’s so will probably run way later.

·
Registered
14,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hoping for Centre Court. Ons was done in an hour, and Novaxx just won the first set with a bagel. So i'm thinking that may end up being free before Court 1? We shall see. It's after midnight here already but i'm getting hype!

1 - 20 of 470 Posts