Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's down 6-7 2-6 to roitman! THECOSTASLAM2 will be very upset, wherever he is...

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it back now. I was inspired by the moving tribute to Michael chang which brought tears to my eyes.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Boy, that was a close one! And yet compare Costa to Federer - they're both coming in with pressure on their shoulders, but one is because their form has been so poor and has won few matches, the other because they've been in great form over the whole season. They both lose the first two sets 6-7, 2-6. But Costa recovers from 1-4 down in the third to take it to the decider and win against an opponent every bit as tricky as Federer's, whereas Federer can't even convert the advantage of serving first in the third set into winning the set.

I suppose that shows why Costa is a Grand Slam winner, Federer is not - experience counts on these sorts of occasions. And thank God he didn't lose to Roitman, who has the most annoying and pervasive grunt since Saretta. In fact, I think he modelled it on the Brazilian's grunt, it sounds almost exactly the same.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Hendouble said:
And thank God he didn't lose to Roitman, who has the most annoying and pervasive grunt since Saretta. In fact, I think he modelled it on the Brazilian's grunt, it sounds almost exactly the same.
LMAO, did you read the scoring thread? I said that Roitman had a grunt only you could love ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts