Tennis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
12,130 Posts
I don't have any of the symptoms, but I do feel like crap, and feeling worse every day. I think it's the lack of physical activities and the disappearance of all the entertainment that I cherished. I'm obviously getting out of shape and depressed. I guess we are millions feeling that way these days. I hope I'll feel better when I'm able take bicycle rides, but for now the weather is still too cold and crappy here in Montreal.
I'd like to ride my bike, but due to stupid (and lawless) regulations and police going apeshit these days, I'm forbidden...

Still opt for the bike as my method of transport wherever I'm allowed/have to go out... Not like I have any choice, as a person who has no car, and buses basically don't work...

·
Registered
15,029 Posts
I think I had it too — light fever (temperature still just below 37c so my GP doc doesn't even count it). He didn't even tell me to stay home. As far as he's concerned I should continue business as usual. He even gave me a handshake... which I found simultaneously reassuring and worrying just on its own.

But despite his assurances I'm convinced it was COVID. I felt something in my chest even tho my breathing was not constrained. And the cough was light but still something new and alien to me — totally different from previous flu coughs or any other cough I ever remember. Covid cough is extremely dry and mild. I wasn't even coughing — it was so mild, like as if I was clearing my throat every now and then, except not on command but being forced. Also not a drop of liquid in my mouth and nose — yet no feeling of being thirsty. Very odd — definitely covid even tho I was deemed a "worried well" rather than sick enough to recieve a corona test.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
The day after posting this I had to go to the ER as I was having numbness and pain in my chest. I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia and costochronditis (inflammation of the rib cage) due to a respiratory virus. My oxygen levels were fine and did not have a cough or fever so they would not test me for coronavirus :rolleyes: . I was told just to get plenty of rest and fluids and take Tylenol for the pain. If my symptoms got worse I was going to go back to the ER. Thankfully, I'm much better now and feel almost back to normal.

Your situation sounds really scary. I hope you are doing alright and recover quickly.
That must've been incredibly stressful and distressing, and you still couldn't get tested even with those symptoms... I'm relieved you're almost fully recovered 🙂

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Hi all.
It’s day 7 for me. I’ve never felt so unwell in all my life. 7 days of fever, chills, sweats and general malaise has really taken it’s toll on me. The dry cough has been manageable so far although uncomfortable.

My anxiety levels are through the roof. I’m just so desperate to feel better again. I have been in regular contact with my GP who is assessing me over the phone and assuring me all my symptoms are mild so far and what I’m feeling is to be expected as it’s a very aggressive flu.

A lot of people report to start feeling much better day 10-14 so I’m hanging on in there but it’s so tough.

My partner is day 15 and on the mend - still has a persistent cough but is improving daily.
How are you and your partner doing now?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
That must've been incredibly stressful and distressing, and you still couldn't get tested even with those symptoms... I'm relieved you're almost fully recovered 🙂
Yes, it was very stressful. When I started having chest pains I was concerned there was something really wrong with my lungs or heart. They did a CT scan finding walking pneumonia, and an inflammed rib cage. The doctor told me the pain from the inflammed rib cage sometimes can mimic a heart attack. Thankfully, my heart looked normal.

I thought they would test me too. Apparently since I didn't have a fever or cough, oxygen levels were normal, and walking pneumonia is considered a mild form of pneumonia my symptoms were deemed not severe enough to warrant a test.

·
Registered
11,394 Posts
How are you and your partner doing now?
My partner has pretty much made a full recovery.

I’m free of fever and cough and have been for quite some time - but I still feel very lethargic with some mild chills and body sweats - but very mild.

I had some blood tests and a chest X-ray which all came back completely normal so the drs are putting it down to post viral / residual symptoms just taking their sweet time to leave - I’m certainly no longer ‘active’ with the virus they said.

I’m resting as much as possible and working from home. Hopefully in another couple of weeks I’ll be feeling much more like my old self.

Those who have made a recovery in 7-10 days are the lucky ones. It’s bizarre how the virus affects people so differently.

·
Registered
13,630 Posts
I have "end stage COPD" which means unfortunately there is nothing else the doctors can do for me which leaves me extremely vulnerable.

I've just come out of hospital after being in there for 3 days with the Corona Virus and it was very, very frightening. Breathing is hard enough for me, but this was 10 times worse, where I couldn't even finish a sentence. I also had a very bad cold and continuous sore throat and a fever. The last straw was stomach problems i.e. diarrhea - that's when my friend called the ambulance. They gave me an examination and put me on oxygen and took me straight to A & E.

They gave me a CV test and it came back positive but not life threatening. They put me in a ward for 3 days and told me I'd be better off at home due to the fact that there were people who had it real bad in there and that it would make my condition even worse if I stayed in there. It was so depressing being in there amongst all these poor dying people. I' home now, but still exhausted (hence why I haven't been posting a lot - not that there's much to post about tennis wise). Today I'm feeling a little bit better, breathing is still very bad but that's due to the COPD.

Anyway I wish everyone who is feeling unwell and who has had this damn illness a speedy recovery and hopefully we will all come through this unscathed.

Much love xx
CV with COPD is not a good combination so well done for defeating this awful disease. It's wonderful that you have a lovely friend so near. I live with my partner and we are so fed up of not being able to see our friends. I love to cook and bake and am really missing having people over for meals. I made a simnel cake yesterday (after finally finding some flour in a small shop) but it's a lot of cake for two people to eat.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
CV with COPD is not a good combination so well done for defeating this awful disease. It's wonderful that you have a lovely friend so near. I live with my partner and we are so fed up of not being able to see our friends. I love to cook and bake and am really missing having people over for meals. I made a simnel cake yesterday (after finally finding some flour in a small shop) but it's a lot of cake for two people to eat.
I'm sure that you will manage to suffer your way through it. :D

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Thank you @Mauriac 😙 . I wish I could defeat COPD, but unfortunately there's no cure for it :(.

You can send some of your Simnel cake over to Chigwell if you want :D .

Glad that all is ok with you. Stay safe xxx

·
Premium Member
38,655 Posts
These days I'm having a blast with endive pies. I just miss a glass of wine with it. It's funny how I've grown a passion for shallots, onions and touts over the years. 😋

·
Registered
13,630 Posts
I'm sure that you will manage to suffer your way through it. :D
I'm sure you're right. 😂
Thank you @Mauriac 😙 . I wish I could defeat COPD, but unfortunately there's no cure for it :(.

You can send some of your Simnel cake over to Chigwell if you want :D .

Glad that all is ok with you. Stay safe xxx
The post is very slow at the moment so it might have gone off by the time you received it. 😛

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
I'm sure you're right. 😂

The post is very slow at the moment so it might have gone off by the time you received it. 😛
Damn - never thought of that :cry:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have "end stage COPD" which means unfortunately there is nothing else the doctors can do for me which leaves me extremely vulnerable.

I've just come out of hospital after being in there for 3 days with the Corona Virus and it was very, very frightening. Breathing is hard enough for me, but this was 10 times worse, where I couldn't even finish a sentence. I also had a very bad cold and continuous sore throat and a fever. The last straw was stomach problems i.e. diarrhea - that's when my friend called the ambulance. They gave me an examination and put me on oxygen and took me straight to A & E.

They gave me a CV test and it came back positive but not life threatening. They put me in a ward for 3 days and told me I'd be better off at home due to the fact that there were people who had it real bad in there and that it would make my condition even worse if I stayed in there. It was so depressing being in there amongst all these poor dying people. I' home now, but still exhausted (hence why I haven't been posting a lot - not that there's much to post about tennis wise). Today I'm feeling a little bit better, breathing is still very bad but that's due to the COPD.

Anyway I wish everyone who is feeling unwell and who has had this damn illness a speedy recovery and hopefully we will all come through this unscathed.

Much love xx
I’ve just read your post, and goodness me I got a shock. I’m so sorry to hear you were so ill. It must have been extremely frightening. Thank goodness you’re feeling a little better and I hope you are on the mend, and I hope you keep us all up to speed on your progress. Take care.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Hi all.
It’s day 7 for me. I’ve never felt so unwell in all my life. 7 days of fever, chills, sweats and general malaise has really taken it’s toll on me. The dry cough has been manageable so far although uncomfortable.

My anxiety levels are through the roof. I’m just so desperate to feel better again. I have been in regular contact with my GP who is assessing me over the phone and assuring me all my symptoms are mild so far and what I’m feeling is to be expected as it’s a very aggressive flu.

A lot of people report to start feeling much better day 10-14 so I’m hanging on in there but it’s so tough.

My partner is day 15 and on the mend - still has a persistent cough but is improving daily.
Gosh, this came as a shock too having seen your posts over the years. I hope you’re both getting better, and take care.

·
Registered
13,630 Posts
Damn - never thought of that :cry:
Many year ago I lived in Woodford Green. If I'd still been there I could have popped over with it and left it outside your door. :)

·
Registered
13,630 Posts
I currently live in South Woodford, been here for 4 years. Small world.
I liked living there. It was a nice area and close to a remnant of Epping Forest, or at least I assume that is what it was.

·
Registered
13,630 Posts
Here is my simnel cake that I’ve just decorated. Not my best effort but ok.

I've no idea why it's come out upside down. 😀
67733CB8-A2B8-4F83-ACC8-5D7E89F3A4C0.jpeg

161 - 180 of 213 Posts