Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Sad stuff. I know a dude (around 50 yo) who has been recovered with what you could call mild symptoms (basically fever and cough), tonight has started having trouble swallowing and breathing.
I think the game changer is whether your immune system manage to fight off the infection before it starts proliferating in your lungs.
Choking to death does look like a shitty way of leaving the world.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Last night I made Chow Mein because I wanted to cook something Chinese to troll all the anti-Chinese crowd lately (although they wouldn't know) and because I am petty and I have too much time on my hands lately.

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
Last night I made Chow Mein because I wanted to cook something Chinese to troll all the anti-Chinese crowd lately (although they wouldn't know) and because I am petty and I have too much time on my hands lately.
I'm making (a doubtless very inauthentic) sweet and sour chicken with rice dish tomorrow.

Sadly, people will always look for scapegoats and there are also a lot of very dim people in this world who can't work out that the asian looking person walking down their street (who might well not even be of Chinese descent anyway) is not in any way responsible for the pandemic . There are also people who are violent and racist by nature and just look for any excuse to lash out out anyone whom they deem to be 'foreign'. Some of us find difference interesting and enriching - others just see it as a threat.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Fighting apathy somehow, for example trying to learn Portuguese (and eating a lot). Still quite depressing and worrying times... on the horizon as well as far as my job is concerned.

·
Registered
13,455 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Cough has gotten somewhat worse since the last time I wrote here (a week ago or so), more persistent, still lacking any other symptoms. The entire situation around coronavirus looks really depressing, to be honest.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Cough has gotten somewhat worse since the last time I wrote here (a week ago or so), more persistent, still lacking any other symptoms. The entire situation around coronavirus looks really depressing, to be honest.
I'm recovering from a cough as well but don't have a fever. It's a positive sign that you don't have any other symptoms. Does over-the-counter medication help? Another emerging symptom is loss of taste and/or smell. Hope you get better soon.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I returned home from international travel three weeks ago. The day I returned, I had a sore throat and congestion, which is not unusual for me with the change of seasons. But this time it was in tandem with intense GI issues (heartburn and chest pain, stomach aches), shortness of breath, headaches, and high blood pressure--none of which I'd ever experienced before. I was very weak and I slept about 12-13 hours per day for 14 days but stayed constantly lethargic. I woke up several nights soaking wet with night sweats. After about a week of dealing with those issues, I noticed I'd completely lost my senses of smell and taste, which I simply found weird at the time as I'd never experienced that either. However, I monitored my temperature daily and never developed a fever or a cough. My issues lasted for exactly two weeks. I feel much better this week, but my chest is still sore.

I've been fortunate enough to enjoy remarkably good health. Maybe what I experienced was just an ill-timed anomaly, but I can honestly say I've never felt so strange and unwell as I did for those two weeks. No idea what was really up with me, but it scared me enough to take the social distancing measures VERY seriously.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I returned home from international travel three weeks ago. The day I returned, I had a sore throat and congestion, which is not unusual for me with the change of seasons. But this time it was in tandem with intense GI issues (heartburn and chest pain, stomach aches), shortness of breath, headaches, and high blood pressure--none of which I'd ever experienced before. I was very weak and I slept about 12-13 hours per day for 14 days but stayed constantly lethargic. I woke up several nights soaking wet with night sweats. After about a week of dealing with those issues, I noticed I'd completely lost my senses of smell and taste, which I simply found weird at the time as I'd never experienced that either. However, I monitored my temperature daily and never developed a fever or a cough. My issues lasted for exactly two weeks. I feel much better this week, but my chest is still sore.

I've been fortunate enough to enjoy remarkably good health. Maybe what I experienced was just an ill-timed anomaly, but I can honestly say I've never felt so strange and unwell as I did for those two weeks. No idea what was really up with me, but it scared me enough to take the social distancing measures VERY seriously.
I think you are an immunized now. You're a survivor of the apocalypse.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'm recovering from a cough as well but don't have a fever. It's a positive sign that you don't have any other symptoms. Does over-the-counter medication help? Another emerging symptom is loss of taste and/or smell. Hope you get better soon.
Thanks! I have been using a cough syrup and it does help, sort of. Make the cough more bearable. Both taste and smell sense is fine. Its the cough only, really. And you too, hope you recover soon.

·
Premium Member
38,293 Posts

You described remarkably what it is to get through this virus - even if it's different with everyone, and it seems you recovered well (y). The loss of smell and taste among other things, has been noticed regularly (in France, Canada and the USA especially, no idea why).

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,251 Posts

I'd be surprised if that wasn't Covid-19 you are describing. The loss of smell and taste seems to be developing as a giveaway symptom. I'm glad you are feeling much better. (y)

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
I fell in the rare 0.1% to 1% that experience eye pain and doctors found my optical nerves became asymmetrical enough to suspect it triggered glaucoma during the time I took it.
I had a very good psychiatrist a few years ago when I experienced GAD, we looked at various medications, until I got one with no side effects. It was quite a process, but I am glad we tried it, because I got back on track within 6 months. After 2 years, the dosages were reduced to wean me off, until now I don't take anymore. Of course this also came with various exercises and stress coping mechanisms. I have never been sick in my life, so the condition came as a surprise to me. Somehow this lockdown is BAU for me, because I lean towards introvertism depending on the situation - I worked from home for a while (luckily I have the best boss), while coping with GAD, and only went to meetings. Will miss the family gathering though during this period. I have a teenager and a kindergartener at home, so they are very irritated that they can't visit anywhere - driving me to drink vodka ;).

I hope you feel better, and explore options which will work for you.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
I hope you're all taking care! I know that for those who are feeling healthy the emotional and mental toll of having to stay home for the foreseeable future can be be debilitating. I think I'm one of the few in my social circles who feels fine with being home. I haven't left the house to socialize in 16 days, and I've been good. I like doing very little and talking to very few. LOL.

Anyhow, I hope everyone's OK. And if anyone needs someone to chat with during these rather lean times, I'm happy to! :)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I was fine in my very first quarantined days (I work in food quality control so I still have to go to work but we're not overload with stuff to do as in the prior weeks). The last 24 hours I just felt extremely stressed out.

I had scheduled in February, back before Argentina even had a positive test for CoViD-19, to move to a new apartment on March 29th. Last week I had to rush to the new apartment and now I'm left with my former landlady claiming I damaged stuff in her property (which I did not). From what I gathered, she pulled the same antic with every former tenant so she just may scam people like that (this is a small town so she can get away with it - I'd rather not pay for shit since she can't prove anything but she does know people where I work at so she may pull a scandal). The thing is... She's pretty much expecting me to break the curfew to buy stuff to fix it. I can't handle the sound of her voice one second more and I really just want her to say a number and kick her out of my life forever.

On top of that I read that the quarantine may extend to April 30th and our economy right now is in shambles. I'm not just worried about myself, I'm very worried about my siblings whose work is pretty much informal (my father escaped from suspensions in his job so he will get 100% of his salary) and overall I think the poorest will just starve come around winter - it's just too sad.

I've never felt really bad about coming home alone up until the last few days. Sometimes I feel I could really do with just one hug but living alone and social distancing measures render it impossible. Overall I've enjoyed going to work the most: at least I can think about something else and talking to people in person is extremely cathartic.

I've also met some amazing people on Grindr, lol. Too bad some judge me for not being looking for a partner (I actually had already scheduled dates with two guys before shit hit the fan! And we continue chatting) and having a somewhat slutty avi.

Last but not least: I think we are all scared about the virus at work but we acknowledge it won't be easy to escape from it coming to our surroundings so we just focus on implementing hand-washing and social distancing to do our best to protect ourselves. Plus we really don't want to leave our homes at all if not to go to the lab.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
It's been a week since I last left home. I was feeling kind of anxious about the whole thing, a couple of days ago my therapist agreed to have a session via Skype and it was productive, I feel better, less tense and was able to focus on the work I have to do that I've been postponing. In order to prioritize my own mental health, I started trying not to watch and read too much news about the situation because it's pretty bad and will get worse in Brazil and I do not want to trigger anxiety again to the point of having to take meds. That means I read only what's important to keep me updated.

I've been going down to the building yard/common area to get some sunlight and fresh air everyday, for that I am only using the stairs and avoiding the elevator, which also helps me exercise a bit. I got a bit paranoid as not to touch anything. Me and friends/family have been video messaging daily, which helps a lot. They're all fine up to this point. Luckily cooking is one of my passions, so I am not dependent on food delivery and going to the kitchen to cook while listening to music and having something to drink became much more satisfying lately.

81 - 100 of 145 Posts