Tennis Forum banner

241 - 260 of 265 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,363 Posts
Am so terribly stir crazy! I only have 2 passsions in life with one being food and the other being youth sports. So far, buying food and cooking has not really been much of a problem for me. But because the high schools, colleges, and municipal leagues have all closed down, I have not been able to attend any sports matches. After 3 1/2 months of staying at home watching TV or movies or browsing online, I am sooooooooo utterly antsy!!

Can't really go anywhere so I have to stay in my cramped apartment. A few posts ago someone complained of not having friends and not being able to fraternize all that much. I know the feeling since I'm old and almost all of my pals have croaked. I'll probably be there soon enough, too. Who knows? With this plague I may be there sooner than later!
Chin up! How about playing BSG? There's a game you have to send a song from the 50s. You like that era, right? 🙂

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
It has been pretty terrible last fer months for me, health-wise. From the several flu-like ilnesses, to the appearance of multiple boils on my skins, which required surgical procedures along with several antibiotic over the course of last few weeks, my body is constantly sore, exhausted and feels plundered. Really, last few months can be summed up as "medical issue after medical issue after medical issue"

·
Premium Member
39,363 Posts
It has been pretty terrible last fer months for me, health-wise. From the several flu-like ilnesses, to the appearance of multiple boils on my skins, which required surgical procedures along with several antibiotic over the course of last few weeks, my body is constantly sore, exhausted and feels plundered. Really, last few months can be summed up as "medical issue after medical issue after medical issue"
Really don't know what to say. 🙁 You have all my compassion. "multiple boils on the skin" look worrying - nothing serious? Hope you can rest at home to the least.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Really don't know what to say. 🙁 You have all my compassion. "multiple boils on the skin" look worrying - nothing serious? Hope you can rest at home to the least.
Thanks. They are textbook examples of furuncle, highly painful, but so far thankfully, the infection did not enter the bloodstream. Unfortunately, my immunity has apparently been compromised from the ilnesses before, so it's not easy to get rid of them, particularly as these boils are caused by bacteria which has high ability to get resistant to antibiotics.

·
Registered
19,727 Posts
Melbourne will be locked down again from tomorrow midnight due to the daily increase in COVID cases :cry:
Stay safe, everyone.
Horrible situation. Goes to show nobody can afford to be complacent. It can spread like wildfire.

·
Premium Member
10,205 Posts
Chin up! How about playing BSG? There's a game you have to send a song from the 50s. You like that era, right? 🙂

Never heard of BSG. Sadly I never became computer savvy and am no good at online games. Luckily, we have youtube. On YT I watch lots of old movies, sports, and news. And yes, I do enjoy listening to those Golden Oldies. :)

·
Premium Member
39,363 Posts
Never heard of BSG. Sadly I never became computer savvy and am no good at online games. Luckily, we have youtube. On YT I watch lots of old movies, sports, and news. And yes, I do enjoy listening to those Golden Oldies. :)
BSG for Best Song Game that is run by AdeyC here in this place. 🙂 Let me introduce you to this game if you like: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 332 – The 1950’s -...

You just have to send a song of the 50s (artist and title of the song with YT link) by PM to AdeyC. You just have to check the used songs list to be sure to not send a song that was already sent (it's a big list because this game is several years old already!). For this game (50s theme) the dead line to send a song is tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
39,363 Posts
Thanks. They are textbook examples of furuncle, highly painful, but so far thankfully, the infection did not enter the bloodstream. Unfortunately, my immunity has apparently been compromised from the ilnesses before, so it's not easy to get rid of them, particularly as these boils are caused by bacteria which has high ability to get resistant to antibiotics.
Only time I had furuncles was at 10 years old during some summer holidays in Corsica. I had eaten too much figatelli (delicious cold meats from there). For a while I couldn't sit anymore and had to use cushions... 🤡

These holidays were quite memorable for me, several unfortunate things happened to me that summer, my family and friends of the time still laugh about it. If anyone has a month of bad luck in his life, that was mine.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
We've had 671 new cases in Victoria :( so the state is entering Stage 4 restrictions starting tonight. We'll have a curfew between 8pm and 5am.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Do Victorians in general (or you in particular) blame those so-called "security guards" for most or all of these new cases?
I haven't been reading covid news in detail as it is getting overwhelming and I'm just trying to ensure I do the right thing and stay home as much as possible. Imho it is to blame to a certain extent as it created big clusters of infections when we were tracking so well. And it was avoidable - the security company should have trained their staff properly and taken it seriously. That company should be sued for negligence and breach of contract.

But there are also clusters of cases in aged care and I'm not sure that these cases could be traced back to the poor management of hotel quarantine. It didn't help that there were numerous idiots who were out there having KFC parties and going about their normal business even when they had not received their test results. More troubling is that there are now 760 cases for which they are unable to trace the source of the infection.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Hey mate, how are you going?

·
Premium Member
10,205 Posts
another tRUMP "solution" to covid:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,205 Posts
How can people get back to work if their kids are not in school?

Grandparents can certainly fill in for a great many people. Better to be attending to them at home than sending them to schools and then attending their funerals.

·
Registered
11,005 Posts
I am fine, except for my loneliness and suicidal thoughts, but these are unrelated to covid-19 concerns.

241 - 260 of 265 Posts