Tennis Forum banner

201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
This Friday marks eight weeks since the onset of my symptoms, and I'd say I'm maybe back up to 75% health. The first couple of days this week, the shortness of breath was as bad as it was the very first week. That's the worst part really because it triggers anxiety. But I'm still having random pains in my stomach and sides, chest, back, and kidneys area. And the occasional sharp jab of pain in the middle of my head. Vision blurred a bit over the weekend, too. I was told by my GI doctor yesterday that my immune response has caused some kind of gastroparesis, which will hopefully correct itself with time, but in the meantime makes eating a very unpleasant experience.

Any other recovery stories, or others dealing with persistent symptoms after the worst of it passes?

BTW, pretty sure I caught mine somewhere between Switzerland and Austria during the last week in February.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
This Friday marks eight weeks since the onset of my symptoms, and I'd say I'm maybe back up to 75% health. The first couple of days this week, the shortness of breath was as bad as it was the very first week. That's the worst part really because it triggers anxiety. But I'm still having random pains in my stomach and sides, chest, back, and kidneys area. And the occasional sharp jab of pain in the middle of my head. Vision blurred a bit over the weekend, too. I was told by my GI doctor yesterday that my immune response has caused some kind of gastroparesis, which will hopefully correct itself with time, but in the meantime makes eating a very unpleasant experience.

Any other recovery stories, or others dealing with persistent symptoms after the worst of it passes?

BTW, pretty sure I caught mine somewhere between Switzerland and Austria during the last week in February.
I hope you're able to make a full recovery. It's such a harrowing thing to go through especially with so many unknowns about this virus. There are several TFers who have gone through something similar - either through a formal diagnosis or without but with many similar symptoms. If you scroll back a few pages you can find out about their experiences.

Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
11,395 Posts

You’re not alone I can assure you.

Thankfully my dry cough was occasional and did not develop into any further respiratory complications (aside from strange chest sensations / mild tightness).

But I was feverish for weeks with chills, body sweats and strange buzzing sensations - it went on for so long my GP said my body had to learn how to regulate its temperature all over again. Then the fatigue and general malaise on top of that was very tough to deal with it. It was such a horrible experience I actively try to block it out.

I expect I had exposure to a high viral load catching it from my husband - and we live in a small one bed flat with no outdoor space so the virus would have been having the party of its life in our conditions.

I’m back to around 80-85% or so - even now my glands flare up and become tender / swollen and although I can easily do long walks for exercise I’m nowhere near back to previous base where I was doing cardio / moderate weights training.

I hope you get back towards 100% very soon. So many of my colleagues who have had it (or suspected to have had it) are reporting lingering symptoms too.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
You’re not alone I can assure you.

Thankfully my dry cough was occasional and did not develop into any further respiratory complications (aside from strange chest sensations / mild tightness).

But I was feverish for weeks with chills, body sweats and strange buzzing sensations - it went on for so long my GP said my body had to learn how to regulate its temperature all over again. Then the fatigue and general malaise on top of that was very tough to deal with it. It was such a horrible experience I actively try to block it out.

I expect I had exposure to a high viral load catching it from my husband - and we live in a small one bed flat with no outdoor space so the virus would have been having the party of its life in our conditions.

I’m back to around 80-85% or so - even now my glands flare up and become tender / swollen and although I can easily do long walks for exercise I’m nowhere near back to previous base where I was doing cardio / moderate weights training.

I hope you get back towards 100% very soon. So many of my colleagues who have had it (or suspected to have had it) are reporting lingering symptoms too.
Same to you. From what I remember reading, yours was more dangerous given preexisting conditions, so I have much less reason to moan. I'm easing myself back into exercise, too. I'm hoping that if I just push on and set my mind to being normal again, eventually my body will catch up with my brain. Hope your progress continues apace!

·
Registered
46,717 Posts
To those who have had it, I wish you a full and speedy recovery. Can you pinpoint/understand how you contracted it? Or do you have no idea (still got it even though being very careful)?

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
To those who have had it, I wish you a full and speedy recovery. Can you pinpoint/understand how you contracted it? Or do you have no idea (still got it even though being very careful)?
I caught it from my husband (common transmission). We have no idea how we caught it: could have been through work, gym, supermarkets, visiting a relative in hospital (non covid relative!) etc - but can’t pinpoint as we don’t personally know anybody near us who contracted the virus...

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,023 Posts
How is everyone doing on quarantine?

Did a quick sketch of Maria Sharapova for her recent retirement from professional tennis. Has been doing a lot of quick sketches to kill time during COVID-19 quarantine at home.

Epic fail? 😅

http://instagr.am/p/B_5I9BYlEW7/

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,023 Posts

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
I've been dangerously depressed and bored recently, so I decided to play lots of video games. Something I had not done for more than a year.
Some great games I played in the passed month ::: The Pedestrian, Limbo, Inside, Unravel, Unravel 2... all very good games but a bit short.
The best ones I keep playing are Euro Truck Simulator and American Truck Simulator. It's like a real Job, making deliveries all over the continent, enjoying beautiful scenery and building a successful business. The pictures bellow are from Romania and Bulgaria.

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
I've been dangerously depressed and bored recently, so I decided to play lots of video games. Something I had not done for more than a year.
Some great games I played in the passed month ::: The Pedestrian, Limbo, Inside, Unravel, Unravel 2... all very good games but a bit short.
The best ones I keep playing are Euro Truck Simulator and American Truck Simulator. It's like a real Job, making deliveries all over the continent, enjoying beautiful scenery and building a successful business. The pictures bellow are from Romania and Bulgaria.

View attachment 176146

View attachment 176147
I've played Train simulators, never truck ones. Maybe I need to try :D

I've been slowly playing through Danganronpa 2, a murder mystery game with the feel of Agatha Christie's "And then there were none" (though you find out who the killers are as the game progresses, and there are too many bombshells haha). It's very well designed and the story and characters are particularly outstanding though some bits are rather hard but you can use the walkthrough if stuck. Will literally take hours to get through.

·
Registered
76,508 Posts
I'm doing ok, but getting a bit bored now. I don't mind being at home for most of this period, as I am quite used to it and it's pretty normal in my household (although the loneliness does creep in a bit here and there).

Restrictions are starting to get relaxed in Australia now, but I will still be working from home 5 days a week, so not like I can do much now except for the weekends. I did start a new position at my company about 3 weeks ago now, and that was quite interesting. I can imagine it will be a bit of a shock once I actually see my new colleagues in person :LOL:

Have started going for hits with my friends on the weekends now so thats good fun.

Also thinking of getting a Nintendo Switch. Unfortunately though, everyone seems to have the same idea as you can't really find them anywhere without paying over the top prices for them and also having to wait a month or so for it to arrive! Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I just go for the Switch Lite instead?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Going to work tomorrow from office for the first time since mid-March.
Everything is gradually reopening despite the fact that new cases and deaths are not declining where I live. Wearing masks is mandatory everywhere outside homes otherwise a $266 fine will be issued.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts