1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been confirmed that they'll play.

Other people I would love to see @ US Open
Gabriela Lastra: who has disappeared.
Bea Bielek: hopefully she'll gain her confidence back and scare top girls again.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
CJK said:
Bea, where are you:).
She plays WTT for the NY Sportimes because she realized that she was bad. I like her though, and I don't know why. I want her to play real tournaments. There's even a 50K in NY next week that she didn't even enter. :sad:

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, that's right....strange some actually want her to play though, since I thought she was not that famous. Still playing there means she might want to come back:). But with a big serve, I think she can still make the US Open WC:).

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
CJK said:
lol, that's right....strange some actually want her to play though, since I thought she was not that famous. Still playing there means she might want to come back:). But with a big serve, I think she can still make the US Open WC:).
She got a MD WC for the USO last year. I think she'll get a Qualy WC this year, and she'll have to qualify if she even wants to be in the top 800 ever again.

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alwayshingis said:
She got a MD WC for the USO last year. I think she'll get a Qualy WC this year, and she'll have to qualify if she even wants to be in the top 800 ever again.
I dont think she'll get the MD WC either, she just has been not doing too well. Everyone said she had a bright future after stretching Justine, and yet she still cant improve. I thought that was what NCAA is about, you get a free coach to help with your game. Oh well, good sign she is playing WTT, maybe she wants to be back:).

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,136 Posts
She played and lost this year in Memphis and got really mad .. she signed autographs though .. hopefully shell be back next year

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
CJK said:
I'm really hoping to see Corina again, there is not much time left for Lindsay, so I really want to see them playing doubles together again. Hope she is doing well.

Bea, where are you:). Oh and Gabriela Lastra who qualified last year and disappeared? :confused:

While we are at it, Martina said she wont playing another singles again, really?;)
Don't know about Corina playing doubles with anyone else, but she won't be playing with Lindsay. Lindsay is no longer playing doubles.

Bielik's last good result was in New Haven qualies. After that she has done nothing. Her attitude is a real issue. She thought she was hot shit after the 2002 US Open, then she crashed and burned. Right now she sucks in WTT, and I don't see her getting anywhere.

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gabriela Lastra, how about her, anyone knows where she is?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Lastra was moving up the rankings nicely even qualified into usopen, no clue what happened. Bielik is a player who def never played a good schedule to get herself into the tour really. Another player who does a retarded schedule is mattek> Maybe its injuries anyone know?

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Regarding the Olympics, there actually has been talks of Corina and Lindsay pairing up, but it didnt happen. But still I hope to see them one last time, otherwise Lindsay might retire.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Omg, now Corina is retiring too? She has had awful luck with injury, but the only reason I can think she would retire is to have kids...but she isnt married...unless she's marrying Justin Gimelstob?

I understand that Lindsay is on a roll with her singles wins...but I really think (hope) if this is one of the last matches they both play that they'd play doubles together. They were up to #3...but with injury...they fell to #10 in the Championship race...so if they so well at the open...the might qualify?

:( Im so sad. I'm losing all my favorites..

·
Registered
656 Posts
Who said Corina wont play again? You mean again after the us open..or again meaning now>?

·
Banned
1,306 Posts
Omg Corina, why won't she play? I have her autograph by the way.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have her autograph too, and a letter from her :(

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
If this is Corina's last tournament and that is why Lindsay is playing doubles, then I applaud her.

But it is a bad decision for Lindsay. This is probably her very last shot at winning another Grand Slam singles title. She is going to need every ounce of energy she has to get past all those hungry Russians. And every match Lindsay plays is a match in which she can injury herself now.

Her wisest move would be to only play singles. But if she is doing this as a farewell to Corina, its a nice gesture.

·
Registered
656 Posts
TonyP-I agree with both views of what you are saying.

But who said Corina is retiring anyways?

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And it is finally happening, good luck to Corina and Lindsay:D.

·
Registered
656 Posts
It is? How does everyone know? lol

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
AgassiGirl16 said:
It is? How does everyone know? lol
I was at the Wednesday night match when Corina gave Lindsay two awards in San Diego. Lindsay said they would play doubles again at the US Open.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts