Tennis Forum banner

321 - 335 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
A few posters in GM are implying that she kind of has an attitude problem (at least on the court).
She just wants to win. Heck, I wish more tennis players were as passionate (Sloane comes immediately to mind). She said she wants to be the greatest, and while I don't think she'll ever surpass Serena, at least you can see on court that she wants to. I love her drive and desire.

I think the folks in GM need to giver her a break (she's just 15), but don't expect them to. There's a lot of hate on these boards, and often for the most foul of reasons. I don't pay the haters much mind.

·
Registered
82,866 Posts

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
A few posters in GM are implying that she kind of has an attitude problem (at least on the court).
Always happens whenever a young player is stepping up. Of course, the player is excited to hit a new high, meet a new expectation. That joy is what a lot of the fans like. But if you're already a big fan of other players. The new one is just more, maybe dangerous, competition. So they don't like to see them win. And if the player does win, well they shouldn't be excited about it, unseemly, tsk-tsk.

·
Registered
52,134 Posts
Coco into Aus Open R3! :D

·
Registered
52,134 Posts

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
A few posters in GM are implying that she kind of has an attitude problem (at least on the court). Maybe with the adrenaline pumping comes with being a little over excited? She might get the benefit of the doubt for now since she's so young.
They can have several. CoCo shows up. There are a lot of players that wish they were as hungry as she was.

·
Registered
52,134 Posts
Fantastic upset win over #3 Osaka! :love: :D :)

As a 15 yo! Very impressive. The better, smarter and more talented player won.

·
Registered
52,134 Posts

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
“Even today, even though I lost, I still had a lot of fun.” -- so glad to hear this! Some prodigies get addicted to the winning rather than loving the game itself. Keep on having fun out there, Coco. 👍

·
Registered
82,866 Posts

·
Registered
82,866 Posts

321 - 335 of 335 Posts