Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an obvious conspiracy among players to make Maria's path to #1 as hard as possible. The best way to achieve this is to make sure that she doesn't gain enough quality points in her first three matches. If she gets 27 quality points or less then reaching SF is not enough. She will have to get into the final by beating a tough opponent in SF, either Dementieva or Pierce.

Here is what had to happen in the 1st round to remove any doubt that Maria gets #1 by winning three matches:
1. Kirilenko beats Irvin
2. Mirza beats Benesova
3. Asagoe beats Zheng
4. Linetskaya beats Bondarenko
5. Domachowska beats Haynes
If all of the above had happened we would knew already that SF is enough. Well, only Kirilenko has beaten Irvin. No surprise here. She is friends with Maria and she was determined to bring her 8 quality points to Maria. The other four (Mirza, Asagoe, Linetskaya, Domachowska) lost to lower ranked players! They don't even try to conceal their conspiracy!

Now it doesn't matter who loses to Maria in the 3rd round, Benesova or Chakvetadze. The only thing that matters is whether Hantuchova plays Maria in QF. If she does then SF is enough for Maria. If she doesn't then Maria will have to get into the final through Dementieva or Pierce. Probably, Hantuchova will use her first opportunity to get out of Maria's way and will lose to Haynes. The only question remains: who do these conspirators think is the togher opponent for Maria: Elena or Mary? Who is chosen to be the last hurdle?

:p

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
densuprun said:
There is an obvious conspiracy among players to make Maria's path to #1 as hard as possible. The best way to achieve this is to make sure that she doesn't gain enough quality points in her first three matches. If she gets 27 quality points or less then reaching SF is not enough. She will have to get into the final by beating a tough opponent in SF, either Dementieva or Pierce.

Here is what had to happen in the 1st round to remove any doubt that Maria gets #1 by winning three matches:
1. Kirilenko beats Irvin
2. Mirza beats Benesova
3. Asagoe beats Zheng
4. Linetskaya beats Bondarenko
5. Domachowska beats Haynes
If all of the above had happened we would knew already that SF is enough. Well, only Kirilenko has beaten Irvin. No surprise here. She is friends with Maria and she was determined to bring her 8 quality points to Maria. The other four (Mirza, Asagoe, Linetskaya, Domachowska) lost to lower ranked players! They don't even try to conceal their conspiracy!

Now it doesn't matter who loses to Maria in the 3rd round, Benesova or Chakvetadze. The only thing that matters is whether Hantuchova plays Maria in QF. If she does then SF is enough for Maria. If she doesn't then Maria will have to get into the final through Dementieva or Pierce. Probably, Hantuchova will use her first opportunity to get out of Maria's way and will lose to Haynes. The only question remains: who do these conspirators think is the togher opponent for Maria: Elena or Mary? Who is chosen to be the last hurdle?
:p
Yes, it is a conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Not a very difficult question if you look at last week's results... :lol:

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
One of the biggest pile of :bs: I have read!!

WTF, should gaining the #1 ranking be easy??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yea, that post by densuprun was laugh out loud funny. Sharapoophead will make it to the semis and she will win, thus gaining the #1 seed she does not deserve.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
it'd be SO great if LenaD prevented her from being #1. but i could also see LenaD letting maria be the first russian #1 :rolleyes:

anyway...i just wanna see a LenaD/Sharpie match because Lena beat her earlier this year in Hong Kong...

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
:zzz: :yawn:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Lady beats me to it, becoming the first poster to get that this was a joke thread. :p

It was quite funny. Heh. :lol:

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
i thought that was fun :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
silverwhite said:
:haha:

Unfortunately, I think this poster is serious. :tape: Just read his other posts.
No way!!!! He/she couldn't be???!!!! :tape:

·
Team WTAworld, TOP President
9,327 Posts
RenaSlam588 said:
Yes, it is a conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Not a very difficult question if you look at last week's results... :lol:

You were either bored or had a free period.

Reactions: Meesh
1 - 20 of 28 Posts