Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel crushed right now, but I have to say Maria Sharapova deserved to win today. She played a brilliant match, fought bravely and kept her cool. That's so nice and pleasing to see. I wish her good luck in the final!
Lindsay.... once again the same story....

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Yeah, she played well, but I can't help being pissed at her right now... But that'll pass, I know it. I should be more pissed at Lindsay, though. Congrats Maria, good luck in the final, but I'll have a hard time cheering for her in that final. I'm like you right now Joana, I'm crushed... :sad:

·
Registered
435 Posts
:banana: :banana: :banana:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Maria! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
well done Masha! :kiss:

good fight Linds... a little unlucky with the rain delay. Good luck in the future!

·
Banned
24,261 Posts
i am really excited... i really didn't care who would win this match. i love both girls... but Maria played impressive after the rain delay. well done..

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Not pissed at Maria. Congrats.

Lindsay, please go home. Just go.....

·
Banned
2,910 Posts
You were fantastic Masha!:worship: :kiss: :hearts: :inlove:
Thanks for making me happy again:bowdown: :bounce: :banana:

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
I'll be the first one here to admit I was wrong- thought Lindsay would take her out in straight sets. Without having seen the match, can anyone tell me exactly what happened- i.e., how they both played, what the turning point was and where, etc?

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,728 Posts
Go MARIA! :yeah:

·
Registered
24,486 Posts
Congrats Maria...I really wanted Lindsay to win though:sad:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
I really wanted Linds to win but congrats Maria.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Great performance by Maria!
She got a standing ovation in the end...
Everyone can see how badly she wants to win...
Just 17 and she is such a determined girl...

Reactions: Meesh

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alfajeffster said:
I'll be the first one here to admit I was wrong- thought Lindsay would take her out in straight sets. Without having seen the match, can anyone tell me exactly what happened- i.e., how they both played, what the turning point was and where, etc?
Lindsay was brilliant at the beginning, serving extremely well, dictating the play. Maria wasn't really in the match. Then, at 2-1 2nd set the play was suspended due to rain. Maria was a LOT better afterwards, they key point was when Lindsay was broken for the first time at 3-2. Masha's serve was never in trouble after that and Lindsay started to serve worse. Sharapova dictated the play, many short crosscourt shots Lindsay was unable to get. In the end Lindsay seemed unwilling to fight and that was it.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
:wavey: Lady Sharapova is simply what this game really needed.

Usually I would say Sharapova would be slaughtered by Serena in the final....lets face it 1-1 against Jen?.....

That 3rd set proved to me...as a lover of this game (I swear Nicole Provis (Nee Bradtke turned me gay LOL :angel: )....anyhow!......that 3rd set against Lindsay was Serena 2 years ago!

I just hope Serena and Venus stick around for this revolution in Womens Tennis.....I think they will now ;)

Bring it on.....lets make the men ask for equal pay!! ....what's running Wimbledon this year?.....Ladies or Federer playing Graf without Seles?:confused:

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Joana said:
In the end Lindsay seemed unwilling to fight and that was it.
I will never understand this state of mind on a tennis court. Thanks for the recap- I'm glad I didn't see the match. Congratulations to Maria Sharapova for fighting her way into her first major final. Looks like we're in a tie-breaker for the first set between Serena and Amelia- more excitement there- wish I could see that one!

·
Banned
2,910 Posts
bis2806 said:
Maria won it coz of the rain delay, simple as that
Don't you know that Masha is God's favourite:kiss:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts