Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
indeed I really loved this match ... well it's 6.50 am now so I told often to Justine (ok it was against the tv :eek:) that I stayed up for her so she had to fight very hard :D and she did :angel: good girl: :yawn:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Here! Here! Thank you, Jennifer! Thank you, Justine! You two gave everything you had tonight! The shots, the momentum shifts, the suspense, the unknown ending were all first rate! Congratulations on two stellar performances!

·
Adrenaline junkie
24,878 Posts
Just back from the Stadium. Amazing match, just a loss of words.

Capriati proved that she is a better hardcourt player. Justine proved that she has a heart of a Big Champion. Something that Jennifer no longer has.

Unfortunately for Jen, this will go in history as one of the biggest chokes in the Grand Slam tennis. She outplayed Justine. She played so well. But there was 7 games, when Jennifer was one game away from winning. 7 GAMES. And not only she managed to lose all of those 7 games, she never even had a game point in them, match point that is..

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
i think justine is a better player on hard courts than jenn. she has beaten her twice this year on hardcourts. :D

jenn's groundstrokes may be more suited to hardcourts for sure but Justine has the edge at net, in defense, at serving. this is all part of "hardcourt tennis". also she mixes it up better which works well on any surface.

so while capriati has seemingly better offensive groundstrokes it is not enough to overcome the advantages justine has in every other dept.

but who cares?? anyways both are AWESOME!

·
Registered
439 Posts
That was a great match! The best and the worst,
If your a henin fan, cause she should have won it
in straight sets. (She had the first set 4-1 and lost that)
I realy enjoyed it even thought I could have lost alot of money on it.

·
Banned
191 Posts
Great match, but it's a shame it was so predictable. (Come on, who really believed Jen would win? Even at 5-2, I still felt like Jen wouldn't be able to close it out. Unfortunately, I was right.)

·
Bright Like Neon Love
13,444 Posts
Smart said:
Great work Justine!!!

She totally deserved to win.
I caught the tail end of the match. Unbelievable!

I feel bad for Jen...she choked, plain and simple. I just hope that she'll use this match for motivation to win next time. People will probably compare this match to her '91 semifinal match with Monica, and how Jen's attitude began to change afterwards. But there shouldn't be any comparison. Jen's a much different person at age 27 than she was at 15.

And go Justine! She is just amazing. Total "Refuse to Lose" type...tennis needs more and more players like her.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.