Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me be the first Venus fans to say congratulations to Monica. I have not seen the match but it must have been a good one. Injury or not Monica played to win and the most important thing is that she won. I admit I am a little disappointed, but there is always next year.
Go Monica since you beat Venus you have to win this.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Yes, I agree, congrats to Monica. I haven't seen the match either - hopefully they show it this afternoon on ESPN and I'll tape it and watch it tonight. sounds like it was a good battle.
hmmm, now who to root for...
Ruth in PA USA

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Congrats Monica. I've never been a fan - probably a hangover from mid-90s Steffi worship - and now I'm supporting Justine, but Monica deserves a big WELL DONE. Didn't see the match, but it must have been a good one.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
This is actually her first Grand Slam SF since Roland Garros '99.

What a win. I am soooo happy. The winner will, for sure, come out of the bottom half.

Go Monica!

·
Registered
15,624 Posts
Great win Monica!!!!! Please win the title now that Venus is out!!!

:angel: Nurse those injuries Venus!!!! Let's come back strong & healthy!!!! :angel:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I also would like to congratulate Monica. She has been playing extremely well and deserved the win. If anyone had to defeat Venus, I am glad it was Monica. Again, Great Win! :cool:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,876 Posts
I predicted Monica to lose to Venus. I was wrong. Congratulations, Seles fans..:)
At least one of finalists will be a player I feel a lot of sympathy to...:)

·
Veelieve!!!
32,914 Posts
Oh I did not see this thread . Anyway, Congrats Monica :bounce: We avid Venus fans had been riding on such a high, and although it's very disappointing that she is out of the tourney, I am equally pleased that she went out to another favourite of mine. Go Monica !! Bring this one home :p

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Well done Monica take the title now moni!:D:D:D!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts