Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me be the first Venus fans to say congratulations to Monica. I have not seen the match but it must have been a good one. Injury or not Monica played to win and the most important thing is that she won. I admit I am a little disappointed, but there is always next year.
Go Monica since you beat Venus you have to win this.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Yes, I agree, congrats to Monica. I haven't seen the match either - hopefully they show it this afternoon on ESPN and I'll tape it and watch it tonight. sounds like it was a good battle.
hmmm, now who to root for...
Ruth in PA USA

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
I'm pretty glad I taped this match... it came on in the wee morning hours in my time zone. Anyway, I'm really happy for Monica... her first win over Venus and her grand slam semifinal since 1998!!!

:D

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm sooooooooo happy that my beloved Monica had won the match. My godddddddddddd

Go Monicaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
WIn the title!!!!
Monicaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:p :) :D

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Congrats Monica. I've never been a fan - probably a hangover from mid-90s Steffi worship - and now I'm supporting Justine, but Monica deserves a big WELL DONE. Didn't see the match, but it must have been a good one.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
This is actually her first Grand Slam SF since Roland Garros '99.

What a win. I am soooo happy. The winner will, for sure, come out of the bottom half.

Go Monica!

·
Registered
15,624 Posts
Great win Monica!!!!! Please win the title now that Venus is out!!!

:angel: Nurse those injuries Venus!!!! Let's come back strong & healthy!!!! :angel:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I also would like to congratulate Monica. She has been playing extremely well and deserved the win. If anyone had to defeat Venus, I am glad it was Monica. Again, Great Win! :cool:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
I predicted Monica to lose to Venus. I was wrong. Congratulations, Seles fans..:)
At least one of finalists will be a player I feel a lot of sympathy to...:)

·
Veelieve!!!
32,573 Posts
Oh I did not see this thread . Anyway, Congrats Monica :bounce: We avid Venus fans had been riding on such a high, and although it's very disappointing that she is out of the tourney, I am equally pleased that she went out to another favourite of mine. Go Monica !! Bring this one home :p

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Well done Monica take the title now moni!:D:D:D!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts