Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
677 Posts
i'm happy for him.and furthermore i'm happy 4 the fact that after safin and hewitt the other 3 young hopes for the tennis future (now present) have finally won their first slam:ferrero in paris,federer in london,roddick in new york.
let's hope in a great new year!!!

· In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
maryjane said:
not only justine but jenny too was watching the match...guess if they met and if jen asked her part of won money...it's thanks to her,or not? :)
:lol:

· Registered
4,880 Posts
wow andy just played too good today i was so happy for him until he went up to mandy ------- he should dump her - shes only after him for the money , anyone see that evil smile of hers when he was presented with the 1million

· Premium Member
8,215 Posts
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: what can i say, WOW, winning 2 consecutive Masters Series and following it up with a Slam win in style, 19 consecutive wins, hasn't lost in over 1 month, thats what i call champion status

· NeverWoz
25,696 Posts
jenny161185 said:
wow andy just played too good today i was so happy for him until he went up to mandy ------- he should dump her - shes only after him for the money , anyone see that evil smile of hers when he was presented with the 1million

...forgetting the fact that she's made more then Andy ever will in his career with her movies and albums. Yes.

· Registered
3,730 Posts
Yes, congrats to Roddick for not royally fucking up the US Open for your tennis federation :D

Too bad he needed help to win it, but *shrug* I guess that's the breaks sometimes.

· Registered
3,466 Posts
Andy definitely deserves congratulations. What a powerhouse performance! Although I was heartily rooting for Juan Carlos, I have to give Andy his due. He deserved that win.

Juan Carlos also has a lot to be proud of. JC came into this event having only won three hardcourt matches. In the process, he beat two former champions (Hewitt and Agassi) and will be ranked no. 1 in the world tomorrow. JC also won the French Open and two other titles including Monte Carlo TMS and Valencia as well as making the fourth round of Wimbledon and the quarterfinals of the Australian Open for his best showing at those events.

It's good to see a new generation of young players coming up and taking charge. With Federer, Roddick and Ferrero winning their first grand slam titles this year, I think fans have a lot of good tennis to look forward to in the coming years.

· Registered
3,730 Posts
Ryan16 said:
Too bad everyone gets help in winning a slam, like it or not.
Did I say anything to the contrary? Or are you just intent to be a sore winner?

· Banned
5,055 Posts
apoet29 said:
Andy definitely deserves congratulations. What a powerhouse performance! Although I was heartily rooting for Juan Carlos, I have to give Andy his due. He deserved that win.

Juan Carlos also has a lot to be proud of. JC came into this event having only won three hardcourt matches. In the process, he beat two former champions (Hewitt and Agassi) and will be ranked no. 1 in the world tomorrow. JC also won the French Open and two other titles including Monte Carlo TMS and Valencia as well as making the fourth round of Wimbledon and the quarterfinals of the Australian Open for his best showing at those events.

It's good to see a new generation of young players coming up and taking charge. With Federer, Roddick and Ferrero winning their first grand slam titles this year, I think fans have a lot of good tennis to look forward to in the coming years.
Finally a Ferero fan with class :worship: :worship: :worship:

· Registered
3,466 Posts
DA BACKHAND said:
Finally a Ferero fan with class :worship: :worship: :worship:
Thank you! I think you are being too kind! :kiss:

I try to give credit where credit is due. Andy has played extraordinary tennis since losing in the first round of the French Open. Getting a new coach has changed his perspective on the game and he seems to be maturing rather nicely. To think that Andy has won five events and lost only one match (to Federer in the Wimbledon semfinals), I feel demonstrates that he is a player with talent and a player to be reckon with in the coming years.

Admittedly, I only started liking Andy after that Australian Open quarterfinal between him and Younes El Aynaoui showed me his heart and courage. Before then, I thought he was an overhyped brat, but people do grow and change and I think Andy is doing that. Growing up is a process and these young players are maturing before our eyes. They will have missteps along the way, but eventually it all comes together for them.

· In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
apoet29 said:

Well said!!!!!!!!!

· psychotic banana
3,023 Posts
Congrats Andy with your first Grand Slam trophy!! I honestly didn't think you were going to play this well in the final!! :D

This has been your best year by far...keep it up for several more years!

· Registered
1,050 Posts
I dont understand why people say they hate Roddick because he is shoved down their throats. No one has to watch his matches, read any article about him whatsoever.

Anyway, Good win for him. I like JC as well, but I really wanted Roddick to win because despite his haters I think he is a nice kid and I enjoy his competitiveness, and how mature he has become. I started liking him when he defeated Sampras in Miami a few years ago, and have been a fan since!

Good for him! and kudos to JC for showing he is more than just a claycourter! He is a great talent and I think he will win the US Open someday!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.