Tennis Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
20,575 Posts
South Africa also had several players who peaked in the # 20s like Mariaan de Swardt, Elna Reinach or Dianne van Rensburg. And I'm maybe missing someone. The all-time Top 10 highest ranked WTA players from African continent must have at least 8 from South Africa (+ Jabeur and maybe Cara Black).
Joannette Kruger too, she had a CHR of 21.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
WTA really loves to 2019 Indian Wells points.

·
Registered
55,237 Posts
Joannette Kruger too, she had a CHR of 21.
I love you for mentionning her ❤ . I was going to , but then thought "nah, looks like we were looking for top 20 players" and refrained the mention ... 😅 turns out I misread "in the #20s" for "top 20" lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Amanda Coetzer was in the top 20 for 10 consecutive years.
Impressive.

Lol thé WTA will count Both Indian Wells 2019 & 2021 next week

That's insane. 2019 Indian Wells is MORE THAN 2 years ago!
Is Andreescu paying them to do this?
Remove I.W. 2019 from Andreescu, and she's got to be about #30 or #40 - which is where she rightfully belongs right now, based on her play over the past 2 years (didn't play at all in 2020, and has only the Miami Final this year as a good result).
I know their goal is to retain the last 2 of each tournament - but to remove 2019 Toronto and 2019 U.S. Open, but retain 2019 I.W., which was played BEFORE 2019 Toronto and 2019 U.S. Open, is rather absurd.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's insane. 2019 Indian Wells is MORE THAN 2 years ago!
Is Andreescu paying them to do this?
Remove I.W. 2019 from Andreescu, and she's got to be about #30 or #40 - which is where she rightfully belongs right now, based on her play over the past 2 years (didn't play at all in 2020, and has only the Miami Final this year as a good result).
I know their goal is to retain the last 2 of each tournament - but to remove 2019 Toronto and 2019 U.S. Open, but retain 2019 I.W., which was played BEFORE 2019 Toronto and 2019 U.S. Open, is rather absurd.
It's just a couple extra weeks. Somehow, I think everyone will survive.

·
Registered
110 Posts
To retain them for 2 extra weeks after this year's Indian Wells finishes makes even less sense.
If the points will be removed - as they should be - they should be removed right after this tournament ends.

This discussion belongs in the rankings thread, though - not here. :oops:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Haven’t you all learned from the Pavlyuchenkova thread last week?
I already jinxed Hsieh and Townsend 😩 Now this 😩😩😩

·
Registered
15,920 Posts
Honestly WTA made a big messy mistake with point policy during covid but they won't ever admit.

It's crazy to think that IW 2019 and AO 2020 are STILL on.

·
Registered
20,575 Posts
Krejcikova and Jabeur are two players this year that have proven me wrong. I never thought they would achieve what they have, but I’m happy for them. It’s one of those feelings where you don’t mind being proven wrong. I hope they perform well in the YEC.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts