Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was the first on sportsillustrated to see all his male expert picks out of the tournament! Congratulations! Not a single one of them reached the quarters.

Richard Deitsch and Albert Lin could fall out tonight, so it looks like Marc Lancaster will win the competition, since he has a safe one in the quarters, though I'd bet a dime it will be his floater.

On the women's side, Marc also looks good with only Serena out, same as Robert Deitsch who lost his floater, but none of the semis. Albert Lin has all his picks left, but he should lose one tonight. Once again, Jon Wertheim has the lead with two out of five gone.

(Yeah, I know Wertheim picked a new winner after Agassi pulled out, but I can't recall who, and we don't care anyway, do we?)

·
Registered
600 Posts
He's a moron. He hates, HATES Hingis but loves Venus Williams with a passion. He's American-biased.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Hehe,Whoever doesnt like Marti,I dont like...
*cough*BeCool*cough*:p

·
Registered
12,118 Posts
pf Jordan you are completely denied about the fact that I don't like Hingis!
I don't care for her at all, and you know that ;)

For me she is just a simple tennis player, I guess the Hingis fans should think the same thing of the Williams, or worse!
*cough* *cough* Jordan*cough*

:angel:

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Congratulations to Jon on his latest milestone. As a matter of fact, I sent him a message this morning. I don't think CNNSI prints that kind of profanity, though.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
Congrats on Jon for his streak on wrong predictions continue, as it was him who cast Monica chance at Aus as same as Mariah Carey winning an Oscar for Glitter. I just really wish that Monica take it home so I can write a very satisfying but insulting email to him.

·
8,263 Posts
VivalaSeles,

In fact I have been writing him email for bashing Monica for three weeks in a row now, and from what he said in the mailbag, I think I am one of the very many to do that and I am sure he must be sick of it now :p :D, but sure I will keep going until he apologized for that not so nice comment in conjunction with Mariah Carey (nothing personally against Mariah of course :p)

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
hehe, well done!

<embed src="http://perswww.kuleuven.ac.be/~ue005408/geluid/NEVWRONG.WAV" hidden=true>

·
Registered
600 Posts
Wrong again! He got the whole bottom side of the tournament wrong. Great job, Jon.

That's OK. Let's guess who he will pick to win the French? I really wonder :rolleyes:

I imagine he'll pick:

Venus
Venus

or maybe...

Venus

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
steffi if she comes back, rocksteady.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yes, KC. What's most ironic is that his most hated players (Seles, Hingis) defeated or got further than his most loved players (the Williams'). And the fact that Seles, Steffi's rival, was the one to beat them makes everything even more sweet.

Oh, and this is a day after he called Seles' chances of winning the same as "Glitter" winning an Oscar.

Here's more irony... he picked Seles to get upset in the first round.

:rolleyes: He's sharp as ever.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Hes a prick whats the e-mail so i can shout at him!

·
8,263 Posts
Monica_rules,

You just need to go to www.cnnsi.com/tennis and then click on send questions to Jon Wertheim column, I am so so sure that his mail box gonna littered with Monica fans mail, it gonna really really piss him off:D

·
Registered
639 Posts
It's amazing this guy still has the nerve to write his column after all the stupidity he's come up with. Now that Monica eluded her first round upset and beat his goddess Venus, it'll be interesting to see what he can come up with (Martina and Monica...one of them is gonna be in the final). Guaranteed he'll make no references to the great baseline play from both players and how hard they were hitting the ball, and that Monica had that ferocity and intesity of old, but that poor Venus was overcome by injuries and could only hobble to the ball and that if Venus was healthy Monica would have had no chance(I'm not in any way being negative towards Venus here, I admire her guts and they played a great match and she was very gracious)
And by the way, if anyone hasn't noticed, you should see how he's attacked Anna Kournikova before. I don't think I have ever, ever seen him say anything remotely positive about her before. Yet, he seems infatuated with Lisa Raymond, I've never seen him say anything negative about her before! And, both Lisa and Anna have been #1 in doubles and are great doubles players, but Anna has a big advantage everywhere else! I don't get this guy!

·
8,263 Posts
One final point, if you want some proper tennis analysis, I think in the BBC website, Iain Carter little prediction column during grand slam is pretty insightful if not right most of the time. He is the only one I recall to give Monica a chance against Venus before the matchup and this guy do do his homework.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Heres what i sent to him!:-

My main question is what is your problem with Monica Seles?She is probably one of the greatest living human beings on this planet and all you can do is scorne her at every chance.You predicted a first round loss at the aus open 2002 for her(she has never lost in the 1st round of a granslam)then she beats Venus 'the goddes' Williams who you thought would win the title.I'm sure you'll blame Venus injury but by the third set she seemd fine to me!
Now that Monica is playing Martina i'm wondering if you'll predict the winner to come from the top half of the draw?I think so!

I wish sometiems people like you would shut up and leave Monica alone shes been through enough in her life and i'm hoping that this win along with her numerous big wins in the summer of 2001 will prove to you that shes still on the tennis tour and can whoop any ones ass any day!

Pretty intense huh!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts