Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(sorry if this has been posted before)
WARSAW, Poland (Ticker) - Conchita Martinez of Spain on Sunday withdrew from next week's J&S Cup tennis event due to tendinitis in her right shoulder.

Martinez, who won the 1998 event in her only other appearance, had been bothered by the injury since Amelia Island and aggravated this weekend in Fed Cup action, despite winning her match.

"I have good memories of Warsaw and enjoyed it very much when I won here in 1998," she said. "I was looking forward to going back. I just hope that my shoulder gets better so that I can compete soon."

With Martinez's withdrawal, Elena Likhovtseva replaces her in the draw as the No. 9 seed.

·
Senior Member,
2,918 Posts
yes, she must not be too happy about being injured at this time of year. kel's always done well in these sort of events.

or maybe she plans to be out partying on Wednesday with Steffi?

hope she gets better quick and in time for Rome.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,523 Posts
Aerien said:
With Martinez's withdrawal, Elena Likhovtseva replaces her in the draw as the No. 9 seed.
Meanwhile Elena Likhovtseva withdrew from J&S Cup due to respiratory infection.
Likhovtseva's place in main draw line was taken by Tatiana Panova, who previously was signed-in as number 10. Russian's line will be taken by qualificant. It means, that six qualificants will take part in J&S main draw - four qualification winners and two "lucky looser". :eek:

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
I heard somewhere that Steffi was having a party for everyone who had a losing record against her, past and present. After all these years, she wants to pay tribute. Everyone but but Martina Navratilova, Jo Durie, and Serena Williams are invited. Sadly for Venus, it is a party to which she was invited, unlike the Wimbledon parade of champions of 2000.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
patty schnyder is not invited either;)

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
baleineau said:
yes, she must not be too happy about being injured at this time of year. kel's always done well in these sort of events.

or maybe she plans to be out partying on Wednesday with Steffi?

hope she gets better quick and in time for Rome.

count me in! i just got my invite! Rock on Steffi! :devil:

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
bump

*for Keith* :hearts: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts