Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

so fellow conchi fans and admirers, what the hell is wrong with conchi?

I love the conchster but she played poorly on red clay (her strongest surface), went out to Sequera in 1r at Wimby, and is struggling big time now on the hardcourts.

I am heartened that she sounds like she will stick it out at least another year, but seeing her play I know she has the skills to beat moderate hitters at the very least.

Dechy is formidable, however a champion like Conchita should have been able to prevail.

What does she need to do? What is she doing wrong lately ( i haven't seen a match of hers all year thanks to Canadian TV via TSN)...thoughts, suggestions....

CP

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've got TSN too :sad: But we really haven't seen much of Conchita lately, have we? :sad: But she is inconsistent and goes through a bad patch now and again. She's been like that for quite a while. Unfortunately, beacuse I haven't seen her play for some time, I can't give you anything more detailed than that.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
the sooner she retires the better because i never want to see her in patty's part of the draw ever again (just kidding)

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
switz said:
the sooner she retires the better because i never want to see her in patty's part of the draw ever again (just kidding)

:kiss: :worship:

Oh Please!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Actually, PP was correct re. the facts in Charleston. Conchi took way ova 25 seconds between many serves, and Played Patty (who shouldn't have Fallen For that, and the "same ball trick") like a Peppermint Piano. :eek:

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
As soon as she has a good tourney again things will be fine :)
She's having bad time lately, but she'll survive :)
I only hope she's fine for Athens :D

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Conchi will be fine :) The Olympics will rejuvinate her, especially in the doubles - in fact she is probably sitting with a cigarette and a glass of wine thinking about another medal right now :D

Dechy was a tough draw for Conchi here in L.A., especially on a hard court. I think the loss to Dulko at Roland Garros will have hit her a lot harder than this one. Also propi do you know why Conchi did not play Fed Cup a couple of weeks ago? She usually plays whenever she can and 15/16 years after her Fed Cup debut she is still the number 1 Spaniard :worship:

It is a shame she lost, but she is playing doubles with Vivi here, and she is playing for another year so let's turn this Conchita Intervention into a Conchita Party!! :bounce: :yeah: :aparty:

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
raquel said:
Conchi will be fine :) The Olympics will rejuvinate her, especially in the doubles - in fact she is probably sitting with a cigarette and a glass of wine thinking about another medal right now :D

Dechy was a tough draw for Conchi here in L.A., especially on a hard court. I think the loss to Dulko at Roland Garros will have hit her a lot harder than this one. Also propi do you know why Conchi did not play Fed Cup a couple of weeks ago? She usually plays whenever she can and 15/16 years after her Fed Cup debut she is still the number 1 Spaniard :worship:

It is a shame she lost, but she is playing doubles with Vivi here, and she is playing for another year so let's turn this Conchita Intervention into a Conchita Party!! :bounce: :yeah: :aparty:
She asked Miguel Margets not to call her because of her poor form currently, good decision IMO considering the theoretical supremacy of the Spaniards with Justine and Kim not going :)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
propi said:
She asked Miguel Margets not to call her because of her poor form currently, good decision IMO considering the theoretical supremacy of the Spaniards with Justine and Kim not going :)
I think it was a good decision too. She had been playing really badly and it really wouldn't have done her confidence any good, I'm sure, had she played that Fed Cup tie and lost her matches. Since, theoretically, Spain were going to win easily anyway, she was better off using the time to practise and try and get some of her form back. Now the decision not have Magui on the team, on the other hand ....... :rolleyes: :fiery:

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Caz said:
I think it was a good decision too. She had been playing really badly and it really wouldn't have done her confidence any good, I'm sure, had she played that Fed Cup tie and lost her matches. Since, theoretically, Spain were going to win easily anyway, she was better off using the time to practise and try and get some of her form back. Now the decision not have Magui on the team, on the other hand ....... :rolleyes: :fiery:
Magüi's situation is shameful thanks to the awful tennis federation we have here... she's injured at the moment I think but she must be quite pissed off about the doubles issue :rolleyes: 3rd spaniard in doubles rankings, champion in Eastbourne and yet :tape: :tape: :tape:
BTW Caz, Conchi/Vivi for Olympic gold :p

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
propi said:
Magüi's situation is shameful thanks to the awful tennis federation we have here... she's injured at the moment I think but she must be quite pissed off about the doubles issue :rolleyes: 3rd spaniard in doubles rankings, champion in Eastbourne and yet :tape: :tape: :tape:
BTW Caz, Conchi/Vivi for Olympic gold :p
Yeah, Magui should have been at Fed Cup and should be playing doubles with ASV at the Olympics, but, hey ... :tape: :tape:

And, no! ;) I have this arguement with Gallofa all the time! Pato is *so* gonna win Olympic gold, Gaston too!! ;) Vivi & Conchi can have the silver medal, ok?!?! :p

Reactions: propi

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Caz said:
Yeah, Magui should have been at Fed Cup and should be playing doubles with ASV at the Olympics, but, hey ... :tape: :tape:

And, no! ;) I have this arguement with Gallofa all the time! Pato is *so* gonna win Olympic gold, Gaston too!! ;) Vivi & Conchi can have the silver medal, ok?!?! :p
Whatever :rolleyes: :p Gallofa is a moderator, you should never disagree with her :worship: :worship: :p

·
Banned
796 Posts
I don't think it matters what Conchi is ranked. I don't think she plays tennis for the ranking points anymore. I think she plays because she loves the game.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
propi said:
Whatever :rolleyes: :p Gallofa is a moderator, you should never disagree with her :worship: :worship: :p
lol! No, she'll forgive me! This is Pato we're talking about! ;) And *she* was cheering for Pato & Gisela against Vivi & Paola at Wimbledon!! ;)

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Caz said:
lol! No, she'll forgive me! This is Pato we're talking about! ;) And *she* was cheering for Pato & Gisela against Vivi & Paola at Wimbledon!! ;)
Pf then either she's mad or she's been spending too much time away from here ;) :lol:
*Pato is a great character, if we don't get the gold thing I hope Argies do ;)*

Reactions: Caz

·
stubborn procrastinator
111,349 Posts
Caz said:
What?! She was cheering against Vivi & Paola?! :eek: ;) Propi, you should take her back to Spain, she has definitely been spending too much time around Caz in UK. ;)

How's your essay coming along, Caz? :p

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Kuilli said:
What?! She was cheering against Vivi & Paola?! :eek: ;) Propi, you should take her back to Spain, she has definitely been spending too much time around Caz in UK. ;)

How's your essay coming along, Caz? :p
Spending too much time around *me*?!?!? *I* was cheering for Vivi & Paola .. well .. actually I wasn't, I was cheering for Pato, but hoping Vivi & Paola would win, cos of their whole 9 finals in a row thing! ;)

And, the essay is coming along, slowly, but it's coming! ;)

·
stubborn procrastinator
111,349 Posts
Caz said:
Spending too much time around *me*?!?!? *I* was cheering for Vivi & Paola .. well .. actually I wasn't, I was cheering for Pato, but hoping Vivi & Paola would win, cos of their whole 9 finals in a row thing! ;)
See, I knew you're a troublemaker... cheering for Pato. :p

And as for Conchita, she will win LA with Vivi. ;) That should earn Vivi #1 ranking. ;)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Kuilli said:
See, I knew you're a troublemaker... cheering for Pato. :p
But, come on, it's Pato?!?! How could *anyone* cheer *against* Pato?!?!? Surely that's illegal or something?!?! ;) :p

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Caz said:
I would have loved to have seen Magui and Arantxa team up again at the Olympics. But good luck to both the Spanish teams anyway :)

:wavey: Thanks propi, I am glad Conchita made the decision herself not to play in Fed Cup, although I think she could have won those matches against Callens or Flipkens.

Good Luck Conchita and Vivi in L.A :) And I hope Vivi can get the number one doubles ranking. I was quite shocked to read what you said in another thread Caz about Paola and Vivi not being quite as friendly as in the past :sad: I hope that they work things out because they are so good as a team and I don't think they would have the same success with other players, even though they both are great doubles players.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts