·
Registered
24,742 Posts
Sunshine double incoming :hearts:

Reactions: Javi and SoulDeath

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Good news, but not really expecting that much in the short term, just hoping that she remains relatively healthy. I guess this is just a trial period, but it does mean she will be paying two traveling coaches at the same time—and Conchita and Sam probably ain't cheap :lol:

Hopefully, when the re-evaluation comes, Sam is the one who goes. For sure, Garbi owes everything she's accomplished the last two seasons to him, but his approach to the game is just not sustainable for her fitness level—and never was. I confess I actually really enjoy Sumyk's tennis philosophy of conservation and high % play, so I want to see him coach someone else—maybe Mladenovic (who really needs a coach), maybe one of the upcoming youngsters who he could help reach the top.

Reactions: d_b_prince

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Conchita should be in Italy coaching the Fed Cup team this weekend.
I like AMG and I think she's a good replacement, but Martinez got jobbed by RFET.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Does Conchita not know how to spell her own last name in her twitter handle :unsure:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Great news for Garbi, would love to see her on her Wimbledon form again!

·
Registered
52,911 Posts
IndianWells was one of Conchita's favorite tournament - she reached the final there + a couple of SF and a few QFs even late in her career .. but she hated windy Miami and even skipped it on occasions

that said, I 'm not fond of Sumyk for some reason, so I hope she brings something in Garbiñe and it becomes a regular thing to work with her :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts