Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in doubles that is! they lost in the 1st round. but it is so nice to see that they still are friends after the split. pato is one of the funniest players on tour, and i'm glad their relationship didn't turn out like the one conchi had with gigi fernandez - BITCH!

·
Diosa Contable
2,945 Posts
yay!

Yeah! I am very happy to see them play together, when I saw last week that Pitu was playing with Montalvo instead of with Pato, I feared that Pato might have decided to stop playing, but seeing her playing in Mexico with Conchita is the best news ever!!! :D Vamos Pato!!!

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,486 Posts
Yay!! Good to see them back together again!!
Hopefully I can get some photos of them at Amelia Island (playing tennis soccer with you-know-who ;)) :D

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rollo, gigi and conchi had a 'thing' together apparantly, and when it ended in summer 97, gigi was spotted on court 3 sidelines at wimbledon shouting and heckling at conchi against helena sukova - conchi went on to lose the match, and it took her around 6 months to get over it tenniswise - until she got together with gabriel urpi and got to the australian open final - i will never forgive gigi!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as for more doubles with serna, i don't know - i think that the only reason she plyed with her is because current partner jelena dokic, has that feud with tennis australia, where she refuses to play - i expect conchi and jelena to be back at Indian Wells!

·
R.I.P. Thank you!
25,876 Posts
Thanks for the info Coolconchita:cool:

I forgot Dokic was her partner last year-they got to the French finals didn't they? Glad they are teaming up again.

As Pam Shriver said in "Passing Shots"(this was in 1985), Gigi can be a bit coldhearted at times in cheering loudly against former friends.

If I could meet Conchi in person I'd talk wine with her. Doesn't she have a huge interest in wine and motorcycles? I can see her with a vineyard in the Spanish countryside when she retires.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Rollo: Here are Jelena/Conchita's Doubles Results for you :)

Betty Barclay Cup - Tier II - Hamburg, Germany - Clay
1st Rnd: def Tarabini/Vis (ARG/NED) 6-3 6-2
2nd Rnd: lost to (1) Black/Likhovtseva (ZIM/RUS) 5-7 3-6

German Open - Tier I - Berlin, Germany - Clay
1st Rnd: def Dragomir-Ilie/Farina-Elia (ROM/ITA) 6-3 6-7(4) 6-4
2nd Rnd: def (LL) Hopkins/Myskina (USA/RUS) 6-4 6-3
QF: def Krizan/Srebotnik (SLO/SLO) 5-7 7-5 6-3
SF: lost to (1) Black/Likhovtseva (ZIM/RUS) 5-7 2-6

Italian Open - Tier I - Rome, Italy - Clay
1st Rnd: def (WC) Serra-Zanetti/Serra-Zanetti (ITA/ITA) 6-3 6-4
2nd Rnd: def (4) Arendt/Vis (USA?NED) 7-5 7-5
QF: def De Lone/Salerni (USA/ARG) 6-0 6-3
SF: lost to (1) Black/Likhovtseva (ZIM/RUS) 2-6 4-6

French Open - Grand Slam - Paris, France - Clay
1st Rnd: def Osterloh/Molik (USA/AUS) 6-4 6-1
2nd Rnd: def Petrova/Dechy (RUS/FRA) 6-2 1-6 6-2
3rd Rnd: def (3) Black/Likhovtseva (ZIM/RUS) 4-6 6-1 6-1 :kiss:
QF: def (8) Arendt/Vis (USA/NED) 6-3 6-4
SF: def (1) Raymond/Stubbs (USA/AUS) 7-5 6-2 :kiss:
F: lost to (2) Ruano-Pascual/Suarez (ESP/ARG) 2-6 1-6

The Championships - Grand Slam - Wimbledon, England - Grass
1st Rnd: def Dragomir-Ilie/Glass (ROM/GER) 4-6 6-0 6-0 :O
2nd Rnd: def Sidot/Loit (FRA/FRA) 6-4 6-7(5) 6-4
3rd Rnd: lost to (9) Clijsters/Sugiyama (BEL/JPN) 2-6 7-5 3-6

·
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥
67,911 Posts
Yes,Rollo,she's said several times how much she likes wines and good food.Motorcycles too.I think she has a Harley-Davidson.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rollo, gigi and conchi had a 'thing' together apparantly, and when it ended in summer 97, gigi was spotted on court 3 sidelines at wimbledon shouting and heckling at conchi against helena sukova - conchi went on to lose the match, and it took her around 6 months to get over it tenniswise - until she got together with gabriel urpi and got to the australian open final - i will never forgive gigi!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts