Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Community Members,
We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that TennisForum.com will be migrated to our new platform the second week of September after the US Open.

The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile.

All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!
If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.
We appreciate your support!
~ Community Support

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Appreciate the heads-up, and trying to make the platform better. Hopefully we will not experience another slow site like we did last time when discussions for USO were heating up.

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
How long will the migration take? The 28th is right in the middle of the first week of a slam :unsure:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
^^ Yeah the timing is a bit risky given that things became ultra slow last year due to software updates or whatever they were doing. Think it was during USO too?

·
Registered
82,861 Posts
During a slam again :help:

·
Registered
18,360 Posts
So, I'm guessing this is why there are no signatures at present?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
May we know how long the migration will take or the site will be in read-only mode? Thanks!

·
Administrator
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Signatures should be showing again. The migration time varies site to site so there's no way we can give you a time on how long it'll take.

Niall

·
Administrator
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello all,

There were some schedule changes with the migration of the community and will be bumping back the migration date.

We have pushed the date back to TBD for now and will update you all once we have a firm date.

Community Support

·
Registered
82,861 Posts
MTF just did the update..will we get the same here? I am under shock!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I hope the new look will be much better than the one on mentennisforum.com.

That looks terrible, especially for someone with vision problems.

:help: :help:

·
Registered
82,861 Posts
I agree but try the dark mode, it's a bit better (at least for me)
:hi5:

on day two it is ok for me...get used to it slowly but....

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I agree but try the dark mode, it's a bit better (at least for me)

It is indeed better, but still fairly hard on the eyes.

Well I guess I will have to try to adjust, But the developers should have consulted somone who knows which colors compliments each other beforehand and optional looks overall. :shrug:

·
Registered
11,014 Posts
What is this obsession with light/dark mode?

It’s all Apple's fault.

@Steve I really hope you add an option which let's users be able to choose older TF skins if they want.

Should be easy to implement right?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.