Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please explain to me how can a cola have less than 1 calorie. thanks. :wavey:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
aspartaam is replacement for sugar and doesn't have calories. I read it's bad for your health.
other then that cola is just water and cafeine.

yikes I can't believe I was once addicted to that stuf;)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Aspartame (Nutrasweet, E951) has been studied excessively since the 1960's or so. It has been rumored that it has all sorts of side effects (even brain tumors!), but nothing has been scientifically proven.

If you drink this stuff instead of regular cola, you are likely to lose weight.

It actually contains the same amount of energy as sugar, but since its 200 times sweeter only very tiny amounts are needed for the same effect.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
"If you drink this stuff instead of regular cola, you are likely to lose weight"

the people who are fighting against it, say that's a myth from the industry!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
If aspartame would cause brain tumors I would have one already because when it´s like really hot I normally drink around 8 bottles of Diet Coke per day... LOL ;) But it´s not true that you lose weight when you drink these diet products instead of regular coke because it really takes more than that. :D

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Actually a recent study followed two test groups of overweight people. One drank regular carbonated drinks with sugar, the other drank only artifically-sweetened products with Aspartame, i.e. Cola Light etc.

The group on the diet products lost weight, while the other group either stayed at their normal level or gained more weight.

Sugar fattens. Any dietist will tell you that.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
irma said:
"If you drink this stuff instead of regular cola, you are likely to lose weight"

the people who are fighting against it, say that's a myth from the industry!
It's common sense. Reduced calorie intake is the way to lose weight, preferably in connection with exercise.

I'm aware of the theory that the reduced calorie intake from light soft drinks will cause people to eat more of the unhealthy food. But in practice that doesn't appear to happen.

Probably because the sugar-containing soft drinks are so calorie-heavy that you have to eat an awful lot to make up for the reduction that comes from choosing light products.

However, an even better advice: Drink water.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I switched to orange juice;)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks for answering.

i though it would taste bad and that i'll still be craving for my regular coke. but surprisingly, it tastes good especially when it's chilled.

i'm a little bothered though about the health risks.

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
ugh!i hate cola light or pepsi light. i prefer the real non-light stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts