Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amanda Coetzer lost her first round match today against Katarina Stretbonik 2-6, 6-4, 3-6. Amanda lost to Stretbonik earlier this year in Tokyo. It seems that after a good start to the year; Amanda has gone into a bad slump. I was really hoping that after good results in Sydney, Melbourne, Memphis and Indian Wells, plus her win at Acapulco, that Amanda was back. However, with a 1r loss in Miami, consecutive 3r losses in Charleston and Amelia Island and a 2r loss in Rome, it appears that Amanda's tendinitis is still a problem. If so, I hope that she withdrawals from doubles and saves herself for the grass court season.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Well I actually thought Amanda should've retired at the end of last year... but she totally proved me wrong with some good (if unspectacular) results already this year.

I'd put this result down as a 'shock', even though y'know, Srebotnik is pretty useful. Amanda still seems to have plenty of juices in her tank though, so I'm sure she'll pick up. Grass has always been a very kind surface to her (she's won in Eastbourne a few years back, didn't she?)

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Katarina was also probably one of the toughest unseeded players, she made the fourth round here last year, and always performs well at the slams.

Hope Kata goes far now!

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Never won Eastborne (don't think so...) and never had a good result at wimbledon.

doesn't surprise that she's fallen into a rut. This is usually her pattern after her usual big first three months.

btw, Srebotnik really needed this win. She has a lot of points to defend, as last year she reached the fourth round.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
Coetzer has only ever reached the fourth round of wimbledon....and that was just once...her best results have been at AO where she reached SF twice, and has reached RG SF once =P She never won Eastbourne, nor was she a finalist! =P Good Luck at Wimbledon this year Coetzer! Reach the QF!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
apoet29 said:
Amanda Coetzer lost her first round match today against Katarina Stretbonik 2-6, 6-4, 3-6. Amanda lost to Stretbonik earlier this year in Tokyo. It seems that after a good start to the year; Amanda has gone into a bad slump. I was really hoping that after good results in Sydney, Melbourne, Memphis and Indian Wells, plus her win at Acapulco, that Amanda was back. However, with a 1r loss in Miami, consecutive 3r losses in Charleston and Amelia Island and a 2r loss in Rome, it appears that Amanda's tendinitis is still a problem. If so, I hope that she withdrawals from doubles and saves herself for the grass court season.
I'm a huge Coetzer fan and I didn't even know about the tendinitis. Is that why she withdrew from Strasbourg last week? Where did you hear about the tendinitis? It does help explain her awful doubles result yesterday as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts