Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since winning the US, Kim hasn't been that impressive and although she was injured in AO, she was actually playing better there than now :eek:

At Antwerp, she was horrible. Her FH was so inconsisent and she looked fed up and annoyed at being on court. She was very lucky to reach that Final. Now a her 1st really bad loss since Peng but earliest exit in a long time.

Kim is tired of tennis IMO. She will retire in 2007, no question.
 

·
Sabatini lover Forever
Joined
·
15,213 Posts
DevilishAttitude said:
Since winning the US, Kim hasn't been that impressive and although she was injured in AO, she was actually playing better there than now :eek:

At Antwerp, she was horrible. Her FH was so inconsisent and she looked fed up and annoyed at being on court. She was very lucky to reach that Final. Now a her 1st really bad loss since Peng but earliest exit in a long time.

Kim is tired of tennis IMO. She will retire in 2007, no question.
I think she is tired too. Somehow she is not playing the same way she was during early last year til the Usopen. She had that same attitude at the masters..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,999 Posts
she will announce her retirement when this seaon ends, mark my words :shrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,364 Posts
Yeah, I think Kim is tired of the tennis lifestyle as well. She may pul herself together for more runs at the slams but other than that, I also expect her to retire soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
879 Posts
I think nagging injuries have a lot to do with it, but I wouldnt write Clijsters tennis epitaph just yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,074 Posts
tuna said:
she will announce her retirement when this seaon ends, mark my words :shrug:

I don't think she will be calling it quits this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,687 Posts
I don't know really with Kim it is like she waited so long to get a GS she sort of seems content with her achievement as if the pressure is off her and she does not really need to work hard now. It is strange she sacked her coach after the biggest achievement in her career.
Well only time will tell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,778 Posts
i think this is a bit harsh on kim she is still a great player
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,187 Posts
I think she's in a mental slump.
So sloppy at times ever since the Masters. She can play much better than that. Hope she gets her motivation back soon.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,219 Posts
But she tried really hard at the AO. She needed to dig deep to beat Hingis, and Shiavone at least.

And she tried incredibly hard, with all her might against our current world number, and current AO, YEC, Rome, Philidelphia, Antwerp and Open Gaz de france Champion... so hard that she injured herself.

I think it's mostly injuries... and perhaps trying to be more careful on court so she isn't sidelined AGAIN!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,778 Posts
yeah well marshmallow i agree with you for once!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,554 Posts
I personally think she wants to be with her boyfriend and doesn't like it now that she's away from home a lot.

I think she may retire for a while - maybe do a Hingis and come back when/if she's bored!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,219 Posts
msharafan said:
yeah well marshmallow i agree with you for once!
:speakles: ... something ... sensible... said... msharafan... :hug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,778 Posts
thanks marshmallow see we can be civil to each other! this is good progress!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,687 Posts
Justine Fan said:
I personally think she wants to be with her boyfriend and doesn't like it now that she's away from home a lot.

I think she may retire for a while - maybe do a Hingis and come back when/if she's bored!
Don't say that we will have another Martina N situation on our hands, maybe if they took up knitting they wouldn't feel the need....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,219 Posts
msharafan said:
thanks marshmallow see we can be civil to each other! this is good progress!
:lol: It appears we can be. :hug: again :p
 
1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Top