Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clijsters made a big mistake if she really watched match
between Justine and Jennifer...I think that match destroyed
her confidence that she can beat Justine...

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I don't think she watched it. Her coach did, he said he couldn't sleep before he knew the outcome of that match. He also said Kim would have preferred playing Jennifer over Justine ... wonder why ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,136 Posts
No,Clijsters and Justine are both good players watching each other or not they both played good Justine just came up on top!

·
Banned
365 Posts
MartyFan said:
No,Clijsters and Justine are both good players watching each other or not they both played good Justine just came up on top!
If anything that match should have pumped Kim up...esp. the sight of Justine Cramping.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
did she?
well, I can understand you want to know who is going to be your next opponent, I don't think that cost her the match.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
It wouldn't have mattered. Honestly Henin has the better game. Better mental focus. Really Henin has the type of game that can hurt a "Golden Retriever" style of player. Ala Jennifer Capster.

·
Banned
1,632 Posts
The big mistake Miss Kim made was not havin a Plan B! :mad: She's still my girl but I realized tonight that Miss Kim doesn't have that many shots. I was wishin the whole time that she had Miss Conchi's nasty slice. With all her doubles success u think she'd come in more. Miss Ai come in more in singles than Kim do. :(

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Kim lacks mental strength and also has to improve her service game. If a small girl like Justine can improve this area of her game then Kim can also actually do it.

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Of course Henin can beat her, but I'm talking about Clijsters here. She looked totally different then in previous rounds. She made 40 UE and her average before was around 15. I mean, come on...

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
``Justine had an answer for a lot of my shots,'' said Clijsters, now 0-3 in Slam finals, including a loss to Henin-Hardenne at the French Open in June. ``She was just too good, especially after playing that great match against Jennifer last night -- the best match I've seen all year.''

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Clijsters' biggest mistake is and will continue to be the fact that she will not admit she played like shit and lost the final. "Justine was too good" -- no, you never made her play well enough to BEAT you. This is the second time this has happened in a Slam final, and the third time this has happened this year.

·
Chionophile
40,070 Posts
pigam said:
I don't think she watched it. Her coach did, he said he couldn't sleep before he knew the outcome of that match. He also said Kim would have preferred playing Jennifer over Justine ... wonder why ;)
I think everybody knew that. Part of the reason why I was rooting for Jenn in the semis.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Miss Thang said:
The big mistake Miss Kim made was not havin a Plan B! :mad: She's still my girl but I realized tonight that Miss Kim doesn't have that many shots. I was wishin the whole time that she had Miss Conchi's nasty slice. With all her doubles success u think she'd come in more. Miss Ai come in more in singles than Kim do. :(
i agree. but if you watch the way Kim plays doubles, it's not the way doubles are supposed to be played. meaning that Kim stays planted at the baseline playing defensive crap. Ai is the one who is willing to take chances poaching. Kim plays her singles baseline game. that she is #1 in doubles means only that women's doubles have gone to the pits. Navratilova and her partners are the only ones out there currently playing doubles the way it is supposed to be played IMO.

but Kim also made the same mistake that Agassi did IMO -- she assumed that her opponent was so tired that all she would have to do is get the ball back. like Agassi, she discovered that her opponent is apparently much fitter than she realised. and i mean "fitter" both physically and mentally.

a question? how soon before Justin becomes #1? does anyone know?

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
TennisHack said:
Clijsters' biggest mistake is and will continue to be the fact that she will not admit she played like shit and lost the final. "Justine was too good" -- no, you never made her play well enough to BEAT you. This is the second time this has happened in a Slam final, and the third time this has happened this year.
i don't see these as either-or options. i think that they are both true. yes Henin played very well. and yes Kim played like crap. both truths can co-exist IMO. in the same way, i think it's true that Serena raised her game in Australia. and it is also true that Kim choked. so Kim admits to only half of the truth.

but more importantly i see her as mentally so weak that i don't expect her to be able to deliver under pressure. that and the fact that she doesn't have a Plan B and J was able to anticipate her every single shot. she made J look better than she actually was -- bec J anticipated her so extremely well.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
tennischick said:
i don't see these as either-or options. i think that they are both true. yes Henin played very well. and yes Kim played like crap. both truths can co-exist IMO. in the same way, i think it's true that Serena raised her game in Australia. and it is also true that Kim choked. so Kim admits to only half of the truth.
I didn't mean for it to be implied as an "either-or". Obviously Justine played well, all props to her. But Kim didn't make Justine play "too good" -- she only made her play well enough to defeat her, which, with more than 40 unforced error gifts, isn't that terribly wonderful.

If you go on to read some other threads on this board about the subject, you'll see that my main point is that as long as Kim continues to deny the fact that she plays horribly in these situations, she will never win a Slam title. The first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem :)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Justine has a underestimated game. I actually think it wasn't Kim who made Justine look better than she was, but Justine who made Kim look worse than Justine is.

Face it.. Justine has Kim's number. She just would not give up and posessed too many weapons at KIM.

Amelie can do this too, but her head.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
TennisHack said:
I didn't mean for it to be implied as an "either-or". Obviously Justine played well, all props to her. But Kim didn't make Justine play "too good" -- she only made her play well enough to defeat her, which, with more than 40 unforced error gifts, isn't that terribly wonderful.

If you go on to read some other threads on this board about the subject, you'll see that my main point is that as long as Kim continues to deny the fact that she plays horribly in these situations, she will never win a Slam title. The first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem :)
i wasn't and am not disagreeing with you. i agree that Kim played like crap. i also think that she underestimated Justine's preparedness to beat her. both factors account for her loss tonite.

as someone involved in media i don't put too much stock by people's public pronouncements. just bec Kim makes her PR ("she was too good") statements doesn't necessarily mean that she really believes that.

but i am more interested in her coaching situation. what the heck is her coach doing about her tactical and mental problems? Kim needs a more experienced coach -- and a shrink.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Unfucking real. Kim should be owning Justine, plain and simple.

Instead, she plays like she always believes that Justine is gonna win in the end. Too much unconfidence in her play, short balls, afraid to aim for corners and lines, all in the end. If she plays like she did in the first set of Acura Classic, Justine has no fucking chance in hell. In fact, no player on the tour, including the sisters, has a chance in hell.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
jojoseph said:
Unfucking real. Kim should be owning Justine, plain and simple.

Instead, she plays like she always believes that Justine is gonna win in the end. Too much unconfidence in her play, short balls, afraid to aim for corners and lines, all in the end. If she plays like she did in the first set of Acura Classic, Justine has no fucking chance in hell. In fact, no player on the tour, including the sisters, has a chance in hell.

All Belgian finals are simple the best matches ever...!!! :angel: :angel:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts