Tennis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So happy for Kim tonight.

Will the return of the Henin & Clijsters upset the Serena/Davenport/Sharapova rivalry. I think yes...especially with red clay on the horizon.

Suddenly WTA tennis is very interesting again.

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
I agree...the return of the Belgians is great news for tennis as both of them are great athletes and players. Justine adds spice to the mix and Kim adds both class and grace to the tour.

Reactions: stijntje

·
Banned
24,209 Posts
RenaSlam588 said:
I agree...the return of the Belgians is great news for tennis as both of them are great athletes and players. Justine adds spice to the mix and Kim adds both class and grace to the tour.
Very well said! I certainly see some exciting battles coming up!

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
we cant really judge justine yet..
so we need to wait for next week.,.
anyway 2004 season was fun to me
because we didnt have like one girl dominating
we had like 4 russians plus mauresmo ,davenport and serena..

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
azmad_88 said:
yeah I agree

to soon yet....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yessssssssss finally it's going to be more interesting. Altough I'm not too sure about Justine. Also Venus is still not on the level she used to be but I think she's getting there. Kim and Serena are defenitely back so combined with Davenport and Sharapova the big tournaments and the slams will hopefully be amazing from the quarterfinals on.
Hope they will all stay healthy and will play at full capacity :yeah:.

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
azmad_88 said:
I agree. Multiple major challengers are more fun than just 2.

Plus there's Alicia Molik :hehehe: :D :bowdown:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think Justine's comeback is going to be very different to Kim's. Kim has always been able to play tennis, just not only her backhand. justine couldn't do anything besides watching television :)
So I hope when Justine's first matches are dissapointing people don't say that her career is over.

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Whatever, I never found the belgians interesting :rolleyes: or good looking :tape:
Final after final it was between kim and justine :( these days there is more veriaty in the finals, besides I want to see youngsters to do well. I have never seen Kirilenko :hearts: , Vaidsova :kiss: , Mirza :eek: , Krajicek :angel: or Golovin :drool: play before. Its always been belgians or the william sisters. I hate finals with same country represented and same faces over and over again :fiery:

·
Registered
47,654 Posts
Uhum......things will get interesting...that's for sure.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Yeah it's great to see it's all coming together finally..williamses back, justine & kim back.. :D

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,901 Posts
The tour is hotting up, no doubt about it. Great matches and finals already this year, I'm really looking forward to wimbledon. I love watching womens matches on grass and will be able to see some live this year :D (I'll be going to the final if Lindsay's playing in it)

It's great having Kim back on tour playing great so fast. A little annoying for Lindsay fans also:lol:. I can't wait to see how Justine is doing come the French and if Serena is at home training hard for clay and grass domination this summer?

Will Maria come back strong in Miami after her disappointing showing at IW? Will Patty play amazing and cause some upsets during the clay season? Will Dementieva come back after this little injury with a serve still improving? Has Jen really got a good slam left in her?

:bounce:

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
I think we'll see the tour standard of play rise. Right now the only
players that do things with variety are Vampire, Sveta, Amelie and
Patty. Now that JHH and Kim are in the mix- everyone will be forced
to really have plan B's. You can get away with just bashing the ball
in a couple of rounds; but now the chances of facing someone that
will move you off the baseline is higher beyond the 3rd round.

I also think alot of the lower ranked players will have a tougher
time in the draws. Kimmy and JHH in a draw puts alot of pressure
on a tournament's entire dynamics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.