Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did expect it after her quarterfinal loss, while she was the defending champion but I did not expect her to be ranked so low already. Well, I am sure she'll be back into the top 50 in no time... :)

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
She will be she has only Indian Wells, Hasslet and Berlin to defend - very little in the way of points, so it should be easy for her to climb up the rankings quickish.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
justine&coria said:
But she has a special ranking, hasn't she ? Or must she ask for WC ? (anyway, she's for sure gonna have them)
She has no special ranking.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Kim will claw her way back up. She's likely to drop further after IW, but that's ok. She'll get all the wild cards she wants. Tournament directors know she is a draw for the public.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
she'll be back up the ranks ini no time, she had a good tournament for first tournament back in such a long time.

Reactions: Sarah<Kim-fan>

·
Registered
144 Posts
oye :sad:
I believe she'll be back in the top 25 quite soon if she stays healthy, she has way too much talent for her to not get back in the elite pack :)

Reactions: wayitis

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
fifiricci said:
Kimmy likes to do things the hard way!
She probably doesn't. She doesn't qualify because her last attempt to come back was less than six months ago, and it was less than six months after she was on injury leave. You need six month to two year leave to qualify. That's why so few players have gotten it, they either come back soon enough, or they are gone forever. I'm not sure whether there is a required ranking before injury that you must meet, but if not, Tulyaganova should have just stayed out for a year and a half, but as a result she is barely ranked (557).

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
She will play IW and Miami, so fater those tournaments her ranking should be somewhere inside the Top 100.

Reactions: Sarah<Kim-fan>
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.