Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clijsters Delights Patients at Eastbourne Hospital



Defending Hastings Direct International Champion and world number two Kim Clijsters interrupted her preparations for the Eastbourne event today to visit young patients at the Eastbourne District Hospital. Clijsters spent time with staff and patients on the paediatric ward delighting them with her exploits as life as one of the world’s best tennis players.

Clijsters who will play her first match tomorrow appeared totally at ease with the patients and even traded stories with a young boy suffering from hip problems. Clijsters who also suffered from a hip problem earlier this year sympathised; “I’ve had a bad hip and it was really annoying for me so it must be really difficult for someone as young as him when he will just want to run about.”

She added; “I really enjoy these visits. I’m not a girl who goes off and buys a new car when I’ve won a tournament; I really enjoy spending time with my friends and family. I do lots of charity work in Belgium. I guess its one advantage of being famous, you get lots of opportunities to work with charities and make a difference for people.”

Kim Clijsters has won 31 titles in her career to date including last years Hastings Direct International Championships and arrived in Eastbourne on the back of a semi final appearance at the French Open. She joins a number of the world’s top tennis players who have entered the tournament including Justine Henin-Hardenne, Amelie Mauresno Svetlana Kuznetsova and Anastasia Myskina.

Tickets are currently on sale for the Hastings Direct International Championships which offers tennis fans a fantastic opportunity to watch some of the world’s finest players. Ticket information is available from the box office 01323 412000. Each day’s play will commence at 11:30am with Saturday’s final beginning at 1pm.

[20.06.06]

http://eastbourne.lta.org.uk/News/060610Clijsters.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,211 Posts
Will this be a story every year at Eastbourne? Writing about Kim Clijsters doing charity work is like a weather forecaster writing about how the sun will definately come back tommorrow. And why is she wearing a coat? Isn't it summer in England?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,130 Posts
Wannabeknowitall said:
Will this be a story every year at Eastbourne? Writing about Kim Clijsters doing charity work is like a weather forecaster writing about how the sun will definately come back tommorrow. And why is she wearing a coat? Isn't it summer in England?
Your certain don't like Kim.
It just nice from her that she's doing such things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,570 Posts
Wannabeknowitall said:
And why is she wearing a coat? Isn't it summer in England?
No its not at the moment. I've got the lights on at 6.30 pm and the weather outside is very "wild and windy moors" with lots of rain thrown in :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,211 Posts
fifiricci said:
No its not at the moment. I've got the lights on at 6.30 pm and the weather outside is very "wild and windy moors" with lots of rain thrown in :sad:
It's sixty degrees F with a wind and some rain. You don't find that just a bit odd coming from a player who played in fourty degree temperatures in Paris with her usual Fila wear?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,103 Posts
Great, Kim :yeah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,441 Posts
Kim, one of the reasons why I am a kim fan :worship:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,570 Posts
Wannabeknowitall said:
It's sixty degrees F with a wind and some rain. You don't find that just a bit odd coming from a player who played in fourty degree temperatures in Paris with her usual Fila wear?
Well it just looks like a "light mac" to me, don't see a big issue here myself. I would concede that she might have taken it off in the hospital though, given that the temperature in hospitals is generally high enough to fry eggs on your face... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,292 Posts
she really is an awesome person
:yeah: kim
 

·
Gone with the Wind fabulous!
Joined
·
8,399 Posts


Kid: "Your fighting spirit gives me the courage to never surrender in my battle with cancer."

Kim thinks to herself: "Thank God this kid didn't watch the French Open this year!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,211 Posts
LoveFifteen said:


Kid: "Your fighting spirit gives me the courage to never surrender in my battle with cancer."

Kim thinks to herself: "Thank God this kid didn't watch the French Open this year!" :help:
:lol:
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top