Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former No. 1 Kim Clijsters will begin her comeback to the WTA Tour August 10 at the Cincinnati tournament, ******************** has learned. Clijsters will also ask for a wild card into Toronto the following week and then into the US Open, but still hasn’t decided how much she will play in the fall. She will not play at Stanford or L.A., where she once won titles.

The Belgian has been training at home in Bree with her longtime hitting partner, Wim Fissette, and is said to be in tiptop shape. Clijsters, 25, is married to American basketball player Brian Lynch, and the two have a child, Jada, who was born in February, 2008. Lynch, who plays for a team in Antwerp, will turn 31 in June and is considering retirement after this season, which would allow him to travel with 2005 US Open titlist Clijsters and take care of Jada. At this point, Clijsters is not considering playing a full schedule, but might end up playing 10-12 tournaments in 2009.
Clijsters will hold a new conference on Thursday in Bree to fully discuss her plans.

http://www.********************/

·
Registered
170,920 Posts
Re: Clijsters Comeback to Begin in Cincy

kim :woohoo:

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
This seems to me more logical than WC for Wimbledon grass. She is former hardcourt queen and winner of US Open (and US Open series).

Welcome back Kim :wavey:

·
Registered
458 Posts
this makes me so happy!!

I wish Hingis would comeback but this is the next best thing - win another slam Kim!! :bounce:

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
something tells me she'll play sooner....

maybe not on the WTA Tour...
(exhibitions don't count)

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
never distrust rumours on this board, there always seems to be a fire after all where there has been smoke.

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Welcome back, Kim. :worship:

·
Banned
30,623 Posts
Former No. 1 Kim Clijsters will begin her comeback to the WTA Tour August 10 at the Cincinnati tournament, ******************** has learned. Clijsters will also ask for a wild card into Toronto the following week and then into the US Open, but still hasn’t decided how much she will play in the fall. She will not play at Stanford or L.A., where she once won titles.

The Belgian has been training at home in Bree with her longtime hitting partner, Wim Fissette, and is said to be in tiptop shape. Clijsters, 25, is married to American basketball player Brian Lynch, and the two have a child, Jada, who was born in February, 2008. Lynch, who plays for a team in Antwerp, will turn 31 in June and is considering retirement after this season, which would allow him to travel with 2005 US Open titlist Clijsters and take care of Jada. At this point, Clijsters is not considering playing a full schedule, but might end up playing 10-12 tournaments in 2009.
Clijsters will hold a new conference on Thursday in Bree to fully discuss her plans.

http://www.********************/
You know that was already posted on here like 5 times yesterday :)

·
Registered
18,049 Posts
Now look at moi please Kimmy, look at moi, look at MOI...

Now I got one word to say to ya...WELCOME BACK :banana: :rocker:

·
Registered
954 Posts
I think it's a good idea that she starts her comeback in an event that usually has nice playing conditions.

Oh wait...

·
和平.
16,963 Posts
10-12 tournament this season is a pretty full schedule if you start the season in August. :lol: 2010 i guess.

exciting news, can't wait to see her back on court.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts