Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on the Canadian Open Web site and thought it said a lot about Kim's character. I'm not a huge Clijsters fan, but I do believe this is the kind of ambassadors the women's game could really benefit from. Also thought it would be nice for people to see given all the flak that has been directed at her in recent weeks/days. It might put some things in perspective. Here is the article.

Clijsters a class act

Belgium's Kim Clijsters is a not only a great champion, she's a true sportswoman. After losing her third-round match at the 2003 Rogers AT&T Cup, the world No. 1 ranked woman, isn't sulking away. She told tournament director Stacey Allaster that she would be pleased to help out the tournament in any way. She gave Allaster her cell phone number and said: "Call when you need me."

Thursday evening she met with participants in the Rogers AT&T Wireless Pro-Am. She joked and laughed, signed autographs and posed for pictures. At one point she noted that one participant was on the phone with his wife, who was clearly disappointed she didn't make it to the event because of the power outage. Clijsters took the phone, chatted with her and cheered her up.

"You don't have to ask her, Kim just offers to help," said Allaster. "She's a great ambassador of the sport."

·
Registered
11,975 Posts
Jem said:
I saw this on the Canadian Open Web site and thought it said a lot about Kim's character. I'm not a huge Clijsters fan, but I do believe this is the kind of ambassadors the women's game could really benefit from. Also thought it would be nice for people to see given all the flak that has been directed at her in recent weeks/days. It might put some things in perspective. Here is the article.

Clijsters a class act

Belgium's Kim Clijsters is a not only a great champion, she's a true sportswoman. After losing her third-round match at the 2003 Rogers AT&T Cup, the world No. 1 ranked woman, isn't sulking away. She told tournament director Stacey Allaster that she would be pleased to help out the tournament in any way. She gave Allaster her cell phone number and said: "Call when you need me."

Thursday evening she met with participants in the Rogers AT&T Wireless Pro-Am. She joked and laughed, signed autographs and posed for pictures. At one point she noted that one participant was on the phone with his wife, who was clearly disappointed she didn't make it to the event because of the power outage. Clijsters took the phone, chatted with her and cheered her up.

"You don't have to ask her, Kim just offers to help," said Allaster. "She's a great ambassador of the sport."
Kim :worship:

Reactions: vs1

·
Registered
14,409 Posts
Kimmie :D :worship:

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
How can anyone dislike her or not root for her??

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,394 Posts
thats my girl :worship:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
While admiring Kim's recent achievements in tennis being so co-operative and all...I still question her resolve :confused: Here is a recent press quote: "I don't care," she said of losing the title." "I've been there. It was nice". :hearts:
Monday when the WTA computer rankings come out, she'll be in the #2 slot behind Serena! But does Kim care? Apparently not!! :p

barmaid :wavey:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.