Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just sick of his bias stupid ass! He is commentating the Davis Cup like James Blake doesn't belong there or something. Uh Hello Cliffy but James can play tennis.. you idiot!

This is it I am just sick of his condescending attitude toward Blake when it comes to commentating. Cliff is nothing but a babbling idiot.. who in my mind cant keep his bias in check!

Does anyone know where I can send an e-mail too? Probably ESPN. I have had enuff!

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now he changes his tune and begins to say nice things.. Come on Cliff! Keep it real.. at least keep the asshole showing.. that is your true self.. imho. Dont go changing now idiot!

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Now he changes his tune and begins to say nice things.. Come on Cliff! Keep it real.. at least keep the asshole showing.. that is your true self.. imho. Dont go changing now idiot!
I thought you were describing yourself for a second there. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
Just because he is not like Pam Shriver and can actually be complimentary towards Martina you don't like him. PFFF. Let's keep it real that's your real beef. I heard him say many nice things about James. He seemed to question both Mardy and James for that matter but he was just posing hypotheticals like he always does. I think Cliff mentioned many times how James was a nice guy and how he went to Harvard. Today he mentioned that James mother was born in England and WON THE LONGJUMP or was it HIGHJUMP competition somewhere so we know where he got those LEGS from. He has some good genes apparently. Btw, isn't funny how he is described as Afro-American in the newspapers when in fact he is racially mixed. That is not racism but rather just ignorance of the press because they know nothing about James or tennis for that matter. Also I LOVE HIS HAIR and KUERTEN's hair too. Apparently James said people like him but are sometimes stereotyping him because of his hair. GOD WHAT IDIOTS with STUPID RACIAL STEREOTYPES. Just cuz someone has Afro hair does not mean anything. He is attractive, kind, talented and I LIKE HIS HAIR. Go on wi' cha bad self boy!

It is very sad that in America the focus always is on race. Why can't James just play but everybody is gonna want piece of him. He will have to wear all of the labels: Afro-American,, mixed, American star, guy with big hair, bla,bla bla. If I were his white mother then I would be upset that he is being called just Afro-American. Does that side of his heritage not matter? He should be proud of every thing he is but MOSTLY HIS CHARACTER! He proved himself to be a great guy when the whole hewitt thing happened.

Also James rocks and so does Mardy Fish. James has an AMAZING forehand and nice ass. Mardy Fish has a beautiful serve and really nice volleys. He seems very nice too.

GO JAMES AND MARDY! Like them better than Andy who also rocks!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think James will be just fine. He knows the score and he's smart enough to prepare himself for what will happen. He's a good player with the possiblity of making it to the top 5 in the world. He is African-American and that's what he will always be. That's the way it is in America, rightly or wrongly. But, James is very smart and he knows how to hand the situation. He'll be just fine.:wavey: Besides, if he's does make it high in the rankings and if he manages to remain the nice guy he is, he just might become a multimillionaire. If that happens, I'm sure his Mama wouldn't care if he was called African-American or Donkeyboy.;)

As for Cliffie . . . well, the man is senile. I don't think he's particularly biased against James Blake. I do think he might be a little annoyed with him. At the Aussie Open James had an upset win over Alex Corretja and in the next round he was ahead 2 sets to love with a break in the third against someone I can't remember. Cliffie and Paddy were going on and on about how James had the opportunity to go very far in the draw because he was in that extremely weak quarter. Then, out of the blue, James blew his lead and lost in 5 sets. I think the guys got a little mad at him for making them look stupid.:mad: I mean, like Cliffie and Paddy have never looked stupid.:p Anyway, I think that might be the problem.

There's no need to get upset about any of this. As long as James doesn't get upset then neither should his fans.:bounce:

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
I think his hair is awesome.I love the way their twisted.:hearts:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WRONG! Treufrend that is not why I dislike him. I don't give a flying fuck if he's complimentary towards Hingisova?? Huh but I respect Hingisova's game and could care less about what he thinks about her no matter if it's good or bad. Treufrend your naturally wrong about why I dislike him.

Also I don't think he's bias toward Blake ONLY.. But today when the match first started his tone I just didn't like. .. and I FELT like commenting on it before I left for work.

And again.. I think Cliff Drysdale sucks.. lol
What a babbling bias fake liking players one minute and being condescending the next idiot.. lmao

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Hey Dawn:wavey: How ya doing?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:wavey:Hiya Jordan I am feeling and doing fabulous:)

Hehe James Blake won that third set 6/0 wow:) That made my day along with Venus winning another title.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree Becca. I mean let the newbies who are dedicated to playing .. get some air time:)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't like Drysdale because he kisses Sampras' ass so much but I really didn't hear anything he said about Blake. I only watched parts of the match and he stated some things which at the time were true of Blake. He dropped the 1st set and made way too many errors. Other than that I don't recall Cliff saying much else bad about Blake.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
Nothing new from Cliff "Sour-grapes-if-Agassi-loses-at-anything" Drysdale. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nothing new from Cliff "Sour-grapes-if-Agassi-loses-at-anything" Drysdale.
Cliffie does love my boy Andre.:kiss: When Andre and Stef first got together Cliffie acted like he had been betrayed. At the Aussie Open 2000 he described them as "people say they are boy and girl friend" as if it was a dirty rumor.:rolleyes: I guess he hates Steffi for "stealing" Andre away.:(

He's also in love with Pete but maybe not as much.;)

Personally, I try desperately to ignore Drysdale. He's really bad at what he does and I'm surprised ESPN keeps him around. He really should be given the gold watch and sent into retirement.:p

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I don't like Cliff because he is always singing the praises of Sampras and Agassi as if they are the only players on the men's tour. He isn't half as bad as Patrick McEnroe though with his lovefest of Pete and Andre. Mal is the only decent commentator on ESPN.:)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I agree I really enjoy Mal work.. he is by far the best commentator.:)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I agree that Mal is the "safe" one.
But at least he'll give the other players credit.
A refreshing change from "the american vs. the nobody"

btw--anybody remember when the sound went out on Cliff & Pat during one of the tourneys last summer?

When they finally got back on, they commented about how some people might be happy that they weren't talking so much, lol.

I was certainly one of those people. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.