Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Respectable score line. If Serena can keep on improving with both her play and confidence going into Paris :clap2:

·
Registered
84,935 Posts

·
Registered
84,935 Posts

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
6-4 6-2.

Great win overall for Ree, especially after being gone some 53 days. Now the key is staying healthy. She said she's really working with her diet and fitness and it SHOWS. I pray the knee holds up and that she CAN work on her footwork.

Overall, a not so bad performance for the 37 year old Mom. And those aces :inlove:
It's hard to belive it's been this long, damn. Felt like it, though :eek:

·
Registered
53,487 Posts
Nice win ! :) At least in 2 sets this time ! :lol: Peterson is a weak player ...

The next match vs Venus will tell us more about her form ! Go Serena !!! :shout:

·
Registered
53,487 Posts

·
Registered
84,935 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Serena gets back to number 10 in rankings. Withdraws. Up next, Paris.

·
Registered
84,935 Posts
And? Is this also because of the thread opener?

Very sad for Queen. :hug:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I was just watching Tennis Channel when the news broke. I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated because it seems as though she can't catch a break with the injuries. This just hasn't shaped up to be the season she was hoping it would be, so far. I won't be surprised if Paris is a no-go.

Makes me truly wonder how much tougher it will be for her to tie or surpass Court's record, if it's going to happen.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
If there’s any hint she would better for Roland Garros, I’d rather she save herself for that than attempt at aggravating something which at this time could only be minor.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Hopefully this is just precautionary and not major again. I think it frustrates Serena that 2019 has not panned out the way she's hoped for, on the tennis court. Even if she doesn't outright say it, deep down, you know she wants to at least tie Court's record. I don't see her pulling the plug on her career until after she's reached that ultimate achievement. She knows that it will not come so easy anymore, with the growing depth of the tour, and her almost approaching the age of 40. Her body is not that of what it was 20 years ago, for certain.

With that said, the two biggest obstacles in her way are her health and lack of match play. I think it will come. She has to be patient with herself and her body. Even if she doesn't play Paris, there's still a decent chunk of the season and two slams left to play. She can do anything she puts her mind to, and everyone knows it! Serena is not gonna go down without a fight, you can be sure of that!

She has achieved more than most would've ever imagined or predicted. She has nothing left to prove, but surely she is not done writing her story on the tennis court. When/if 24 happens, it will have been well worth waiting for.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
2019 has sucked for Serena. Man. That knee is just something else. Maybe she has a great 2nd half. Wouldn't be surprised if she skips RG. Damn it just sucks yo

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
I think Serena's knee isn't all that injured...I think she came into Rome thinking she would not put that much stress on it meaning playing 2-3 matches maximum. There's no way she was gonna try to win...that's 6 matches in 7 days. Serena can't do this anymore. Then when she realized how the draw turned out she decided to withdraw after the 2nd round ... to not deny the opportunity for Venus to make extra points and go far. Guaranteed that if Mertens had won...Serena would have gone for REVENGE.

She'll be at Roland Garros mark my words and I wouldn't be surprised if she was in Paris practicing as early as Friday and she might be hitting at the Foro Italico this week.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts