Registered
84,934 Posts

·
Registered
53,487 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Quick Question: Why do her own fans doubt she was going to play here? How the fuck, by now, do you not get what the gig is with the schedule?

Oh and she looks like she's ready to put hands on these girls. This tour ain't ready for what's coming these next few months.
I don't follow the schedules that intently, so what exactly is the gig with her schedule?

Glad you feel confident about her chances here. I never count her out, but this looks like a tough road. No one she can't beat, though.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I don't follow the schedules that intently, so what exactly is the gig with her schedule?

Glad you feel confident about her chances here. I never count her out, but this looks like a tough road. No one she can't beat, though.
She plays about 8 or 9 tournaments a year. This is one of them. I knew her fluke loss in Australia would get her fans in panic mode as she wasn't going to play a meaningful match until RG. She was always going to half tank IW/Miami and not play Madrid.

·
Registered
15,380 Posts
I can't wait to see Serena on clay its been too long. Expectations aren't high though but I'd like her to have at least a few matches under her belt before the French Open. My high expectations will be for Wimbledon.

Also, congrats to King Djokovic for winning the Madrid Open.

·
Registered
84,934 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
She plays about 8 or 9 tournaments a year. This is one of them. I knew her fluke loss in Australia would get her fans in panic mode as she wasn't going to play a meaningful match until RG. She was always going to half tank IW/Miami and not play Madrid.
Ah, thanks.

For me, it wasn't the AO loss that concerned me, but the sudden withdrawal from Miami with a knee injury after beating Peterson. The rest of the draw looked pretty easy, so I felt it was a nice chance at the title.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Too many missed break chances so far.

Footwork looks a little poor, too - it's like she's wearing ankle weights out there. She looks pretty fit, though. In any case, good to see Serena back on the court.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
Too many missed break chances so far.

Footwork looks a little poor, too - it's like she's wearing ankle weights out there. She looks pretty fit, though. In any case, good to see Serena back on the court.
Her footwork lull is to be expected. But the thing is that she's fitter since last time. Meaning that she's focusing which means that IF she can stay healthy, she'll be making runs the later part of the season.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
6-4 6-2.

Great win overall for Ree, especially after being gone some 53 days. Now the key is staying healthy. She said she's really working with her diet and fitness and it SHOWS. I pray the knee holds up and that she CAN work on her footwork.

Overall, a not so bad performance for the 37 year old Mom. And those aces :inlove:

41 - 60 of 96 Posts