Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two small turnaments, Fes and Estoril.
I wish she'll play Fes and Rome, but I guess she is not ready for that yet..
Fes started with a tough R1 win over Rezai.
Should definitely beat Hradecka in a few hours; advancing further would be tricky.

·
Registered
21,005 Posts
Good decision imo to start with those 2 small tournies, you can she's not ready yet for the highest level.
We saw she's in another league from players like Ani, but we've also seen what Kanepi has done to her :eek:
You could see Shahar tries to be more aggressive at times but there's still plenty of work to do, in her approach, her volley, and the attitude for this kind of game, I mean, not play it for two games in a match, but in the whole match basiclly). According to what we saw in FC, I think Shahar has to potential to do it well and ofcourse she has a great defense which will help her as well. All we need is this to become together (I meant "להתחבר")) and her confidence to grow again, which might be a long process.
Also I think she'll need qualies for Rome, no?
Anyway, good luck Shahar, grow confidence and rock them all.

Like Archer mentioned she won yesterday, it wasn't eas (at all), but after all her last 3 matches were played on HC indoors and now she had to transfer immediately to clay outdooor and she had an 11 hours flight, I still think she should've won a match against a ballbasher like Rezai way easier, but we'll see what she'll do today.
Kadima Shahar!

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Fes started with a tough R1 win over Rezai.
Should definitely beat Hradecka in a few hours; advancing further would be tricky.
Yeah, should have... This a terrible loss, especially the scoreline (4-6 1-6), and to a player that has mainly played ITFs so far in her career.
So much for a return to form :eek:

·
Registered
21,005 Posts
Ahhh No comment :eek: :tape:
She better losing this match due to jet leg or something, because of the reason is being outplayed be Hradechka or whatever hr name is, so :eek:
Better luck next tourny, I think Estoril will be a better indication to see in what shape she is, good luck!

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Estoril R1: vs LL Larcher De Brito.
Again, there is nothing in the draw that should trouble her until the QF, if she's playing decently, but that's a big if.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weird first round scoreline (4-6 6-0 6-0) followed by a solid win over Zahlavova Strycova.
With Groth upsetting top seed Benesova, Shahar now has a great chance to make the final (in the semis either slumping Cirstea or Wickmayer will be waiting), but it has to be noted that she's lost her only match against her, which was one of her worst losses last year.

·
Registered
21,005 Posts
Good luck Shahar, do your best!

(Dont forget Groth actually won against her last year :tape:)

·
Registered
21,005 Posts
Shahar is in huge doubt for tomorrow.. Turns out she was injured before the match, and if it wasn't enough she also sprained her ankle during it.. Big chances she won't play...

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's just terribly unlucky :sad:
She would have had a great chance in both singles and doubles - Lisicki retired with an injury, Kirilenko (not very suprising) lost and the draws are so wide open...

BTW, all her matches so far here have been strange:
R1: 4-6 6-0 6-0
R2: from 0-4 down to 6-4 6-1
QF: 6-2 0-6 6-3

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Doubles draw
(6) Kirilenko/Pennetta (RUS/ITA) vs. Hsieh/Husarova (TPE/SVK)
Yan/Zheng (CHN/CHN) vs. Jans/Rosolska (POL/POL)
Dulko/Peer (ARG/ISR) vs. Craybas/Schiavone (USA/ITA)
BYE vs. (3) Raymond/Peschke (USA/CZE)

Shahar's retired from her SFs match in Estoril due to a foot injury so it's quite possible she will skip doubles in Madrid.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Court 4 (from 10.30hrs)
1. Bammer vs. Kvitova
2. Dulko/Peer vs. Craybas/Schiavone
3. Cirstea vs. A.Bondarenko
4. Keothavong vs. Duque Marino
5. Salerni/Soler Espinosa vs. Chuang/Mirza

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
Shahar/Gisela down a set 3-6
Still no retirements.. probably a good thing for Shahar to play doubles first because you don't move much.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
ubles - First Round
Dulko/Peer (ARG/ISR)
d. Craybas/Schiavone (USA/ITA) 36 63 106

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Bad day !

Singles - First Round

(9) Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) d. Shahar Peer (ISR) 54 ret. (right foot injury)

Doubles - Second Round
(3) Peschke/Raymond (CZE/USA) d. Dulko/Peer (ARG/ISR) w/o (Peer)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts