Tennis Forum banner

621 - 636 of 636 Posts

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
Doesn't mean it wasn't true . Sucks for her but she got the same advantage yesterday against pova so as I always say live by the sword die by the sword

·
Registered
15,221 Posts
I watched her twice IRL this week and it was amazing :sobbing:

The length and precision of her shots is something else. Really proud of after this tournament. Secured a RG seeding and pushed the flop no.1 all the way without a goddamn serve and playing an extra like, what, 7 hours on court? She needs to get that serve ticking again because that's what's hurting her right now. Otherwise bhdtl and in general was DIVINE. Thank you Hoggy.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts

The length and precision of her shots is something else. Really proud of after this tournament. Secured a RG seeding and pushed the flop no.1 all the way without a goddamn serve and playing an extra like, what, 7 hours on court? She needs to get that serve ticking again because that's what's hurting her right now. Otherwise bhdtl and in general was DIVINE. Thank you Hoggy.
One thing I noticed in Stuttgart was that her ball toss was quite lower, that summed to the fact that Stuttgart is indoor is what made all those aces, I guess. I think if she lowered it outdoor as much as she did indoor it would benefit her... but it has been like that for years. :p
Other than that, all that you said. It all really looks good - especially the depth of her shots, vs Barty she was always hitting in the last few inches of the court - and I think Thomas has brought in her camp a lot of needed positivity and fresh air. :)

·
Registered
27,026 Posts
If Bouchard and Cibulkova can drag some of their best form out of nowhere to face Maria, then you can sure as hell bet Serena can too. Maria drawing Serena early on would be terrible. Whether or not she can win in Paris aside, she needs points to get herself back to the point where she isn't exhausted from playing extra matches, and tough opponents early on by the time she reaches the latter rounds of a tournament like what happened here.
You never know. Serena hasn't played much as of late and she sure as hell is not going to peak out of nowhere on clay at RG. That's not going to happen.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You never know. Serena hasn't played much as of late and she sure as hell is not going to peak out of nowhere on clay at RG. That's not going to happen.
Have you forgotten the fact that no matter what form, shape or body weight, Serena always shows up and peaks vs Maria? Maybe the head2head for the last 14 years may jog your memory. Since 2005, (13 years) Maria has won 2 sets in 17 matches vs Serena.

·
PharMaria Co. CFO
14,207 Posts
^ Miloti just never can shut his dumb mouth.

Her serve will be fine with the rest days.

·
Registered
27,026 Posts
Have you forgotten the fact that no matter what form, shape or body weight, Serena always shows up and peaks vs Maria? Maybe the head2head for the last 14 years may jog your memory. Since 2005, (13 years) Maria has won 2 sets in 17 matches vs Serena.
This is a Serena that hasn't played in a long time, is old and doesn't have the fear factor she used to have, we're talking about here.

·
Premium Member
4,471 Posts
I wanted to WEEP at some of the backhands she hit this week :lol:

The sheer brute force she had behind the ball in the Ostapenko and Halep matches is something I haven't seen from her in quite a while. Serve still needs work and the forehand will get some further tinkering, but her movement and fitness were both very encouraging. If her draw in Paris is reasonable it could be a very good couple of weeks for her.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
i see the old bitches of this forum are back. let;s wreak havoc and own this wretched board like we did back in the day shall we

621 - 636 of 636 Posts