Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Claudine Schaul is finally back after 9 long months of injury timeout! :woohoo: :rocker:

In Q1 of home tournament Luxembourg she had injured her knee very badly against Kateryna Bondarenko while having 2 MP at 6:5 40:15 in the third set. She was forced to pause 9 months from tennis and even underwent a surgery in autumn 2006. In spring 2007 she studied for her exams and started with training again.

Now Claudine Schaul starts her comeback by participating at the European Games of Small States (Jeux des petits états européens) representing Luxembourg. The event is held every two years and this year in Monaco. Claudine Schaul (264) is highest ranked player and high favourite for the gold medal.

http://www.monaco2007.mc/vitrine.php?page=17

In the upcoming weeks she will play challenger tournaments and her aim is to get back to the top 100.

Welcome back Claudine! I've missed you so much! :smooch: :hug:

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Aww...I'm happy Claudine is back.

She's the only player that has a winning head-to-head record against Lindsay Davenport and Martina Navratilova.

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Claudine :woohoo:
Great to have her back :D

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,361 Posts
i was gonna make this thread...shell be back in montpellier france 10K in 2 wks i think

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
64,792 Posts
OMG I am soooooooo happy she is back :eek: :worship:

I was there in Luxembourg and it was the most gruesome moment I have experienced at a tournament. I was almost in tears. Poor girl!

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
cool....being out for so long and still at #264...Its good place to start back..not far from top100

1 - 12 of 12 Posts