Tennis Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 1609 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
I dont understand the scheduling either. She only played 2 games at RG and hasn't played a lot the past month so I doubt she's injured or tired. A decent run in Nottingham would have made her a contender for the Olympics so I'm full of questions.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
According Mark Nixon - Clara Tauson is in the maindraw in Bad Hombourg

Mark Nixon

@markalannixon
· 16 t
WTA Bad Homburg update: MD change Sakkari OUT Tauson IN Q changes OUT: Tauson, Juvan IN: Korpatsch, Buzarnescu

And she plays doubles with Sasnovich at Wimbledon

·
Registered
15,833 Posts
Clara - Blinkova 11 AM tomorrow. Danes can watch the match on TV2 SPORT.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Disappointing loss for Clara today. She just wasnt consistent enough. First match on grass though so hopefully a good learning experience so she can be ready next week. The game was clearly there to dominate on this surface

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
So I've seen some bits of the match, and her movement was so bad...She was very uncomfortable on the grass. Too bad, she didn't decide to get as many matches as she could on grass before Wimbledon...no expectation for it, just get some experience.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
(1)Barty v (PR)Suarez Navarro
Blinkova v Babos
Q v (PR)Vandeweghe
Siniakova v (27)Konta
(17)Bertens v Kostyuk
Sevastova v Diyas
Petkovic v Paolini
Tauson v (14)Krejcikova

Krejcikova won't be easy, I just hope she will play better than in Bad Homburg. She's already confirmed for Bastad, which is a smart choice, as she's been in a little slump since Charleston.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Excited to see how Clara does she. She likes the big stage against the higher ranked opponents. She doesnt have much experience but I still think grass will be a great surface for her. She can do this!

·
Registered
15,833 Posts
Clara lost 3-6, 2-6. Not unexpected, Clara has almost no grass experience.
Clara's results haven't been great lately. Her father says he's not worried because they're prioritizing her long term, overall development as a player, rather than go for quick results. It may just sound like an excuse for a lack of wins but in theory it's not a bad idea. An obvious point of comparison is Wozniacki where her early career was all about developing her strong sides; her movement, defense, BH etc. Weaker parts of her game like her FH, volleys, dropshots, offensive mindset etc. were, if not downright ignored, they certainly weren't a high priority, either. Caro was so good at the things she was good at that it brought her to the no. 1 ranking already at age 20 but the weaknesses in her game also became clearer and more exploitable as time went on. For instance, hundreds of times I saw Caro put an opponent under pressure with a good BHDTL shot but the opponent simply hit a decent CC shot to Caro's FH side and Caro was only able to counter with a mediocre FHDTL shot which the opponent had no problems getting to and the point had been reset. Caro only started working on her weaknesses for real in her mid-20s but by then it was kinda too late, and while she did become a more well-rounded player in her later years, some key aspects of her game never really rose above C+. I'm willing to be patient with Clara and accept that we won't see her win big tournaments as a teenager, as long as we see a steady progression in her game. I still think Clara has the potential to be a top 10 player but probably not until she's in her 20s.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yesterday was not her best, but the game is clearly there. I think the hard/indoor season will be really good for her. Just needs to get the confidence back up.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
At least, she got to feel the grass, there were no expectations, honestly. She is scheduled to play in 125K Bastad, SWE on clay, which starts next week. And then I see she's on list of Prague, which is on hard lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
At least, she got to feel the grass, there were no expectations, honestly. She is scheduled to play in 125K Bastad, SWE on clay, which starts next week.
After that, it's the Prague 250 hardcourt, where she's in the MD. Then there's a break again. She's not in Clui-Napoca or the 125 in Concord. I await the MD and qualies for San Jose. Covid has really wrecked things for players with her ranking. The whole US Open lead-in is a mess now. I am so looking forward to a return to normalcy.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think it's worth to notice that Clara's Olympic dreams aren't crushed yet. If I'm not completely mistaken she's no. 2 on the ALT list at the moment, since many of the players ranked higher than her don't fulfill the qualifying criterias. A few withdrawels and we could potentially see her at the Olympics.

1581 - 1600 of 1609 Posts