Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1119 Posts

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Big chance for Clara to win this title if she's not too tired! Top 3 seeds have all lost.

Clara plays her quarterfinal against Weronika Jasmina Forys of Poland. Good luck!

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
$15,000 Stockholm quarterfinals: Clara Tauson d. Weronika Jasmina Forys 6-4 6-1

Clara has played three ITF pro events. Reached the semifinals or better in all of them (two as a qualifier). Wow! :)

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
$15,000 Stockholm semifinals: Clara Tauson d. Anette Munozova 6-1 7-6

Second straight final for Clara. Let's hope she wins the trophy now! :cheer:

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
181,811 Posts
I don't think Caro played in many small ITFs

Wozniacki vandt 75.000 dollar ITF-turnering i Ortisei, Italien, ved at slå Alberta Brianti 4-6, 7-5, 6-3 i finalen i januar 2008. I marts vandt hun endnu en 75.000 dollars ITF-turnering, denne gang i Las Vegas, hvor hun i finalen besejrede førsteseedede Akiko Morigami 6-3, 6-2.

·
Registered
15,702 Posts
Name: Clara Tauson
Birth place: Gentofte, Denmark
Plays: Right-handed (two-handed backhand)

Clara Tauson, one of the most talented players in Scandinavia, was born in December 2002 but despite her young age she already made a name for herself on the tennis scene. Coached by Kenneth Carlsen And Lars Christensen, this young Dane is the second youngest players in the Top 100 on the ITF junior list, only behind US Open finalist Cori Gauff, and she reached back-to-back finals in her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tournament she entered, back in spring last year when she was still 13.In November 2016, Clara clinched her first junior crown, celebrating at the 15th Dubai ITF Junior Championships without losing a set, and she also won Copenhagen Winter Cup in February.

Read more about Clara here ----> 14-year-old Dane Clara Tauson reaches semi-final on pro debut!
I hadn't noticed before now that someone had started a thread for Clara. Good initiative, I was just about to do the same thing but now I see I'm just the third guy here. :smile2:

Impressive play by our next Danish Supergirl in her first 3 senior ITF tournaments. Hun kan vist Clara alt (Danish pun)! :grin2:
I heard Kenneth Carlsen say recently that she won't jump straight to playing all senior tournaments, though. She'll still be playing juniors next year, like AO. It's probably wise not to put her up against all grownups to soon but continue to make sure she can measure herself other junior players. I'm sure there's also a social dimension to playing juniors they don't want her to lose. Being a top athlete, it's hard enough already to find time to be a normal teenager without pressuring her into an all-adult world too soon. :hug:

Todays final starts at 12:30.

NB: I have a nickname suggestion for us Clara fans: Claranets.
Obviously it's a pun on 'clarinets'. What do you think? 0:)

NB2: Have you thought yet about a forum name for the day Clara gets her own subforum? Shall it be just Clara Tauson or something more clever? My first suggestion would be to call it Tauson Stars as a play on 'thousand stars'. :laugh2:

·
Registered
14,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I hadn't noticed before now that someone had started a thread for Clara. Good initiative, I was just about to do the same thing but now I see I'm just the third guy here. :smile2:

Impressive play by our next Danish Supergirl in her first 3 senior ITF tournaments. Hun kan vist Clara alt (Danish pun)! :grin2:
I heard Kenneth Carlsen say recently that she won't jump straight to playing all senior tournaments, though. She'll still be playing juniors next year, like AO. It's probably wise not to put her up against all grownups to soon but continue to make sure she can measure herself other junior players. I'm sure there's also a social dimension to playing juniors they don't want her to lose. Being a top athlete, it's hard enough already to find time to be a normal teenager without pressuring her into an all-adult world too soon. :hug:

Todays final starts at 12:30.

NB: I have a nickname suggestion for us Clara fans: Claranets.
Obviously it's a pun on 'clarinets'. What do you think? 0:)

NB2: Have you thought yet about a forum name for the day Clara gets her own subforum? Shall it be just Clara Tauson or something more clever? My first suggestion would be to call it Tauson Stars as a play on 'thousand stars'. :laugh2:

That's a bit early... :lol:

21 - 40 of 1119 Posts