15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
yes!

Allez Clara even if I also like Carole:D

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
F: Monnet beat Clara 6-2 6-0.

Shame about the scoreline but Monnet seems to have returned serve really well. Clara had 3 BP chances but couldn't convert any. It's Carole's 2nd Monastir singles title in a row and she also won the doubles title yesterday.

But I'm very happy and encouraged for Clara. She came back after surgery and seven months off and made the final of her first tournament back. That's pretty good going. I think with a few more matches she will get reaccustomed and build up stamina/resilience. Clara is on the list for Monastir again next week.

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Ouch the score is very severe.

But as you said, this week was pretty good after almost the entire season without playing tennis, being off court

this couldn't be easy, first tournament, first title vs a very confident young player (born the same year)

this would motivate Clara even more to get back to her best and improve even more.

Being back is already a great victory.:):kiss:

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
She's not in this week's draw. I think she did better than she was expecting last week. Hopefully no issues with the wrist and she'll just take it a bit slow to start with.

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
yes hopefully :)

she seemed very happy and motivated after her good week... Perhaps she wants to get better and train, perhaps she'll get some wc for 125K Limoges (mid december)

in fact i just hope she's ok no problem with her wrist...:)

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Clara sent a quick pic of a swimming pool on her insta

seems like as you said she must have felt something in her leg so it's precautionary :)

Monastir finalist pic : http://instagr.am/p/B5QqJsNqq7m/

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
so happy for her! never easy to come back after so much time without competition, fitness will be crucial for her improvement imo

I wished Clara to hire a very good coach like GABRIEL URPI who coached Conchita Martinez, Aranxta Sanchez, Flavia Penetta and worked with Elina Svitolina in 2016

I truly think the FFT should hire him as Clara year long coach, the work would begin now...

she could become such a FIT and Consistent Player thanks to him, Clara knows him she worked with him before the US Open 2018

Thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Clara to play Greet Minnen in Limoges R1

Allez!

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Clara lost 3-6 2-6

from what I saw : Major shot to improve : SERVE. I mean 42% first serve IN in set 1, 46% first serve won. 25% 2nd serve won.... 59% for the entire match. This is too weak vs such a good ranked player #118
she is lacking matchs and confidence, this was obvious. She was also a bit "late" sometimes so perhaps some more work to do in her fitness
Saw she asked for her coach in set 2, dont know who she is

Clara process needs patience imo. Big work to make on her serve and she needs MATCHS. In 2020 focus on ITF Circuit, win one or two, then play bigger tournaments when confidence is there.

Still some positive cause she could play an entire match and fight vs a good player in france.

Keep the work up Clara (y)

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
I wish I could have seen it. Yeah I noticed the serve stats on the scoreboard afterwards. I think playing a more experienced, higher ranked player will often make that shot suffer because of the extra pressure.

It's fine. She's still early days in her comeback and this is a huge step up from her last tournament. I hope she had a good experience.

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
in set 2 despite the score, she seemed a bit more "relaxed" she had a bp in 1st game but couldnt convert it. She also had a game point at *2-2
Minnen in good form cause she reachs SF
dont know what shedule Clara has chosen for 2020...

161 - 173 of 173 Posts