Tennis Forum banner
421 - 440 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·
thank you :)
I wonder if this ankle hasn’t cost her the title

was she feeling some pain to make those ues.
we can’t say Zidansek was playing great .

still this is a great experience to keep improving her game and loo

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I found myself rooting for Clara for all the adversity shes faced this week, but at the end it was a bit too much.

Still an important week for her, I believe this is just the start of her rise.

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
Too much you mean it was too tough for her to go through ?
I’ve just watched the mp and you can see she was done especially on that BH side
Low intensity, footwork

something she might work on, her fitness.
Probably hiring a personal physio to take care of her body to prevent her from injury.

it could be a big step in her career👍

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I saw the match, or most of it. I really think the problem was mental today. Clara was moving great and completely outplayed Zidansek. But I think she started thinking too much and let her opponent back in. After the nervy TB, she just couldn't recover mentally.
Hopefully she will learn from this. It is just frustrating because Zidansek was really beatable.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I’ve just watched the mp and you can see she was done especially on that BH side
Low intensity, footwork

Probably hiring a personal physio to take care of her body to prevent her from injury.

it could be a big step in her career👍
She did make many BH unforced errors today. I do like that she is going for her shots more (FH and BH) and playing more aggressive than she used to - and to me that is how she made it to the finals. Now she needs to learn to limit the UEs. It is a delicate balance she is gonna have to find, and is always hard for players with many weapons and options to choose from. Serve is improving too overall.

·
Registered
19,463 Posts
Low intensity, footwork

it could be a big step in her career
I don’t think she did anything wrong until the end of the tie break ( she served at 4-2) . In the third set she was done mentally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #427 ·
Thank you for your explanations

I ve just read her reaction on an article, she said that she expected better from herself in set 3

this is new experience for her and yes hopefully she will find the "right balance" in her game between offensive and defensive

wish her the best 😘

·
From island to island
12,629 Posts
I haven’t seen the whole match sadly but from the highlights I actually like that she tried to stay aggressive till the end. With time and experience she will understand how to control better those situations. Being too passive in the TB would have been much worse.

It’s a shame she couldn’t get the title of course, but if she stays fit, she should get one very soon! Do you think guys she will play Gdynia?

·
Registered
19,463 Posts
I haven’t seen the whole match sadly but from the highlights I actually like that she tried to stay aggressive till the end. With time and experience she will understand how to control better those situations. Being too passive in the TB would have been much worse.

It’s a shame she couldn’t get the title of course, but if she stays fit, she should get one very soon! Do you think guys she will play Gdynia?
She withdrew already

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #431 ·

it's tough to say with her ankle. She said she made an IRM after her SF, don't know what will be her decision

she played A LOT. does she needs to keep playing more or prepare herself for the US hardcourt season ?

If I were her I think I will skip it to rest my ankle and prepare for this 125K in Charleston...

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Ugh, she was so close, but I'm happy for Tamara too, as she deserved WTA title, as Clara is just starting. Still a really good week for her, after the mess in Bastad and all the rain and dumpy conditions in Lausanne! I'm so so so sad I won't see her in Gdynia, but I can't be mad at her (in comparison to rest of the field), as she should take care of her ankle and prepare for hard courts. I'm not sure if she will play Charleston either as it is on green clay.

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
sorry for you my friend I wished you could see her and interact with her, next time hopefully :)

as for Charleston, it will depend on her recovery. Hopefully she'll be ok.

Making a transition from red clay--> green clay--> hard courts is not a bad thing imo

If she's not ok better focus only on hard court.

·
Registered
19,463 Posts
sorry for you my friend I wished you could see her and interact with her, next time hopefully :)

as for Charleston, it will depend on her recovery. Hopefully she'll be ok.

Making a transition from red clay--> green clay--> hard courts is not a bad thing imo

If she's not ok better focus only on hard court.
It will be interesting what she does. Now she can also play the WTA tournament the week before USO

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #439 ·
she will probably be playing this 125K Concord 2.8 August

she needs match play and gain points to stay in top100

421 - 440 of 457 Posts