Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
I was going to play as Scythia first but then when I started reading about Gandhi's powerful Religious attributes, I decided to try that first. Already built Petra and the Hanging Gardens in Delhi so it's going well....

just one more turn
How did you go in that game? I just finished and won my first game as Catherine. Culture victory for France. I was only on Settler though. And I needed to be as I was still getting used to all the new mechanics in the game. I didn't realise that units have their own transport now. I was like where are the transport ships. lol Overall, I think they've done a lot to make the end game interesting. There's a lot more going on and more challenges.

I just started a second game as Peter on Chieftain. I completely ignored religion in the first game but I'm paying more interest to it now. Still learning, so I'll see how I go.

I founded the Pantheon Dance of the Aurora, Eastern Orthodoxy and as Russia I'm stuck near the tundra which is a good thing. I'm so addicted. LOL

I'll be keen to try India and China eventually as well but I think France and Russia really suit my playing style.

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
How did you go in that game? I just finished and won my first game as Catherine. Culture victory for France. I was only on Settler though. And I needed to be as I was still getting used to all the new mechanics in the game. I didn't realise that units have their own transport now. I was like where are the transport ships. lol Overall, I think they've done a lot to make the end game interesting. There's a lot more going on and more challenges.

I just started a second game as Peter on Chieftain. I completely ignored religion in the first game but I'm paying more interest to it now. Still learning, so I'll see how I go.

I founded the Pantheon Dance of the Aurora, Eastern Orthodoxy and as Russia I'm stuck near the tundra which is a good thing. I'm so addicted. LOL

I'll be keen to try India and China eventually as well but I think France and Russia really suit my playing style.
Sorry, I've been buried in Civ for the past week, as I see you have been as well :lol:

I've won now as Gandhi, Scythia and Germany with Religious, Cultural and Science victories. I've already got 40% of the Achievements. I don't want to tell you what level I'm winning at since you probably won't want to play me :)

Actually though, I've never played an online game of Civ against a live player so it will be a new experience for me.

Let me know when/if you're ready.

cheers

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Sorry, I've been buried in Civ for the past week, as I see you have been as well :lol:

I've won now as Gandhi, Scythia and Germany with Religious, Cultural and Science victories. I've already got 40% of the Achievements. I don't want to tell you what level I'm winning at since you probably won't want to play me :)

Actually though, I've never played an online game of Civ against a live player so it will be a new experience for me.

Let me know when/if you're ready.

cheers
Well I completely destroyed the AI as Russia so I think it's time to move up a level. But I was only ever on Prince with Civ IV, anything above that it became too formulaic and gamey and I didn't enjoy it anymore. :lol:

I'm ready whenever, I just have to find the time. Time is something I really don't have a lot of at the moment. The only time I have, I will be overseas. :lol:

I played a game via email once. I got bored because as you know in the early turns you're moving like a piece and sometimes we both took ages to respond. Is there an option to play in real time?

Germany looks interesting. You won a culture victory as Scythia?

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well I completely destroyed the AI as Russia so I think it's time to move up a level. But I was only ever on Prince with Civ IV, anything above that it became too formulaic and gamey and I didn't enjoy it anymore. :lol:

I'm ready whenever, I just have to find the time. Time is something I really don't have a lot of at the moment. The only time I have, I will be overseas. :lol:

I played a game via email once. I got bored because as you know in the early turns you're moving like a piece and sometimes we both took ages to respond. Is there an option to play in real time?

Germany looks interesting. You won a culture victory as Scythia?
I actually won culture and science victories as Scythia. Because of the horse economy, which is completely OP, you can win any way you want with them.

Germany is very productive, although Japan is even more so with their double district bonuses. Russia is very powerful for a Religious victory, which I find interesting because of their recent atheist culture :p

If you don't have the time, don't worry about it, it was just a thought. BTW, I just won two games on Deity so, yeah :lol:

... oh and yes, you can play in real-time using the Online speed setting which accelerates the turns considerably.

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well, now I've seen it all. Yup, they are actually releasing a DLC where AUSTRALIA of all fucking things, is actually a civilization. I mean seriously, wtf? Is there going to be a penal colony improvement or gawd damn Kangaroo flotillas!?!?!?!?

:ras:

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Well, now I've seen it all. Yup, they are actually releasing a DLC where AUSTRALIA of all fucking things, is actually a civilization. I mean seriously, wtf? Is there going to be a penal colony improvement or gawd damn Kangaroo flotillas!?!?!?!?

:ras:
They're going for TSL. So expect true starting location civilizations. I fully expect there to be one or more Southeast Asian civilizations in the near future.

I can't believe it but I am actually excited for Australia!! Waltzing Matilda music also!!

Dead at this line though, "Australia can grow large without having to make extra investment into Housing". :hysteric:

·
Art & Futures
20,461 Posts
with TSL they should add civs like Maldives and Samoa

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
FFS, even CAnada has been around longer than Oz...

and at least we have lots of Beaver.

:eek:h:

·
Art & Futures
20,461 Posts
mebe when i get 6 we should all do a TF multiplayer game :p

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Well, the OZ DLC is out now... just played a couple trial Single Player games. The OUtback station is OP... I got 7 food and 3 production from a grasslands tile with 3 pastures around it lol. The culture bombs from the pastures are hilarious.

Oh, and they now a neat special effect where you have blowing snow on Tundra tiles... although it's difficult to see really.

And you guys were right, they did the TSL map... a big MEH from me.

The really interesting part is the Team play now in Multiplayer... I'm going to check this out now in a game with some friends.

cheers

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Well, the OZ DLC is out now... just played a couple trial Single Player games. The OUtback station is OP... I got 7 food and 3 production from a grasslands tile with 3 pastures around it lol. The culture bombs from the pastures are hilarious.

Oh, and they now a neat special effect where you have blowing snow on Tundra tiles... although it's difficult to see really.

And you guys were right, they did the TSL map... a big MEH from me.

The really interesting part is the Team play now in Multiplayer... I'm going to check this out now in a game with some friends.

cheers
I'm loading up my first game as Australia. Waltzing Matilda! :worship:
I love it so far. So many great changes. Teamplay for Multiplayer sounds great. We should have a challenge for TF people. I'm going away again so I can't commit to playing games any time soon. :p I'm on Prince difficulty now.

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
@Ban Boy

What do you think of Canada? I’m playing a game as Canada and I love the hockey rink and national parks but I feel their abilities are too late game oriented. They need a boost. I’m going for diplomatic win.
That's an interesting coincidence. I just won an MP game last night playing Canada, and I won by diplomacy... shocked the hell out of the other players since they were hugely military :lol:

Canada started out REALLY bad but they did upgrade them a little soon after release which makes them at least playable now, although still one of the weaker civs.... I keep waiting for the Tim Hortons upgrade, mollify your people with coffee and sugar treats!!!

I find the most important thing with Canada is to build as many mines as possible on tundra resources... then you at least get some decent production with their bonus. If you get the Mines pantheon too, then you can zoom your religion at the same time and buy great people. I also usually beeline my religion to getting St. Basil's Cathedral, then you can get one super city.

Like you say, it is definitely a late-game civ, but can be fun if you get a decent spawn.

cheers, BB

Reactions: Sam L

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
That's an interesting coincidence. I just won an MP game last night playing Canada, and I won by diplomacy... shocked the hell out of the other players since they were hugely military :lol:

Canada started out REALLY bad but they did upgrade them a little soon after release which makes them at least playable now, although still one of the weaker civs.... I keep waiting for the Tim Hortons upgrade, mollify your people with coffee and sugar treats!!!

I find the most important thing with Canada is to build as many mines as possible on tundra resources... then you at least get some decent production with their bonus. If you get the Mines pantheon too, then you can zoom your religion at the same time and buy great people. I also usually beeline my religion to getting St. Basil's Cathedral, then you can get one super city.

Like you say, it is definitely a late-game civ, but can be fun if you get a decent spawn.

cheers, BB
I love and hate how the AI is pretty smart in blocking your diplo wins lol but yeah I struggled with production as Canada. They need a boost. I actually thought about you when they introduced Canada. I think it was when you were banned lol

·
Art & Futures
20,461 Posts
i like the new update :cheer:

·
Registered
18,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Should we get a multiplayer game together?

@Ban Boy
@Hanan Ubis
When were you thinking?

BTW, they beefed up Canada's production again this week in the update... and if you combine it with the camps pantheon, it is actually pretty powerful.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
When were you thinking?

BTW, they beefed up Canada's production again this week in the update... and if you combine it with the camps pantheon, it is actually pretty powerful.

Tbh I haven’t played for a few weeks but I’ll check it out thanks. I’m in Sydney Australia. The time will be a challenge? Anyone else interested?

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
When were you thinking?

Ok I'm playing regularly again. I just won a game as Canada in the newest version - a diplomatic victory. The only victory type I hadn't won. It was quite a surprise actually because AI was vicious in taking away 3 points from me, I thought I'd never make it but a series of fortunate events and aid work and some competitions made me win it I guess. It also helps that there are wonders and techs that give you diplomatic points.

I find Canada to be a really good civilization now, it's good for peaceful, builder type playing styles.

My favourite civ still remains Russia simply because I love expanding like crazy and gobbling up that territory.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts