Tennis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First semi final of the year for Dasha :banana:

She played great tennis before the rain delay, and Marino really stepped it up after it. She stormed back from 6-1 3-0 down but Dasha held on at the end. Her next match against Kanepi should be a good one and a big chance for both to make their first final a while.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Becca played well after the rain delay to tie it up. Had 4 BPs to make it 6-5 and serve for the second set but couldn't quite make it. Still a good tournament and defended most of her points from this period. If she can win a round or two at Toronto she'll be in quite good shape rankings wise.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I really hope Dasha goes all the way here given her injury troubles, if she wins she should also be about to regain her rightful place as Australia's no1, back to #71 in the rankings, Ajla at # 70:bounce:

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Her next match against Kanepi should be a good one and a big chance for both to make their first final a while.
Also Daria today should play Q1R at 2kk Toronto. What will happens, if she win today at Washington and proceed to final? I don't remember how it works.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Also Daria today should play Q1R at 2kk Toronto. What will happens, if she win today at Washington and proceed to final? I don't remember how it works.
she would be out of toronto then, because the Special exemption only applies to tournaments of the same level. (if washington was a wta1000 she would be getting the SE slot and be able to skip qualifier)

Font Screenshot Parallel Document Number

·
Registered
46,948 Posts
she would be out of toronto then, because the Special exemption only applies to tournaments of the same level. (if washington was a wta1000 she would be getting the SE slot and be able to skip qualifier)

View attachment 225059
She is already out of Toronto following this win as they don’t postpone Qualifying Matches anymore for players going deep the week before and Toronto Qualifying starts tomorrow. Both her and Samsonova will be withdrawn and replaced by Alternates.

·
Registered
36,877 Posts
Great week for the Russian-Australian! She often comes alive on hardcourts.

First WTA SF since Acapulco 2018? 😮😮

Reactions: pigeye23
1 - 8 of 8 Posts