Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1988 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

CITI OPEN ANNOUNCES FULL PRELIMINARY PLAYER FIELDS FOR ITS COMBINED ATP/WTA EVENT IN WASHINGTON, D.C., JULY 30 - AUGUST 7, FEATURING ANDY MURRAY, SIMONA HALEP, EMMA RADUCANU, TAYLOR FRITZ AND MORE TOP TALENT

The Citi Open®, Washington, D.C.’s combined ATP/WTA professional tennis tournament, has released its preliminary player fields for this year’s event. The stacked competition includes three former World No. 1 players, six Grand Slam champions, four former Citi Open titlists, three Olympic gold medalists and 10 top 20 players. The 2022 Citi Open will be held July 30 - August 7 in Rock Creek Park.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

CITI OPEN ANNOUNCES FULL PRELIMINARY PLAYER FIELDS FOR ITS COMBINED ATP/WTA EVENT IN WASHINGTON, D.C., JULY 30 - AUGUST 7, FEATURING ANDY MURRAY, SIMONA HALEP, EMMA RADUCANU, TAYLOR FRITZ AND MORE TOP TALENT

The Citi Open®, Washington, D.C.’s combined ATP/WTA professional tennis tournament, has released its preliminary player fields for this year’s event. The stacked competition includes three former World No. 1 players, six Grand Slam champions, four former Citi Open titlists, three Olympic gold medalists and 10 top 20 players. The 2022 Citi Open will be held July 30 - August 7 in Rock Creek Park.
Murray's and Kyrgios name should be swapped, it's not aligned with their photo...now that's annoying!

·
Registered
827 Posts
@GIANT_SLAYER @eraddict Hahaha. So you guys think of me as a kick-ass German tennis professional, stern but fair, and mother of two. ;) Maybe if I were German and a tennis professional, I would be like those two awesome women! I am so impressed by Tatjana Maria, btw. She is so fit and has such intelligent on-court play.

Since I am now a German transplant, I guess I better follow German players more. I only discovered too late this year that Bad Homburg is only a 35-min drive from our place (I had thought it must be far away, like somewhere near Hamburg -- shows how much I know about Germany!). I doubt Emma will ever play there since it conflicts with all the British grass court tournaments, but if I followed German players, I'd probably enjoy going there.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
@GIANT_SLAYER @eraddict Hahaha. So you guys think of me as a kick-ass German tennis professional, stern but fair, and mother of two. ;) Maybe if I were German and a tennis professional, I would be like those two awesome women! I am so impressed by Tatjana Maria, btw. She is so fit and has such intelligent on-court play.

Since I am now a German transplant, I guess I better follow German players more. I only discovered too late this year that Bad Homburg is only a 35-min drive from our place (I had thought it must be far away, like somewhere near Hamburg -- shows how much I know about Germany!). I doubt Emma will ever play there since it conflicts with all the British grass court tournaments, but if I followed German players, I'd probably enjoy going there.
I watched some of the tennis from Bad Hombug this year and the venue looked so pretty. 😀 Plus I think they said all of the courts except centre court are free of charge for admission! 😮

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
I watched some of the tennis from Bad Hombug this year and the venue looked so pretty. 😀 Plus I think they said all of the courts except centre court are free of charge for admission! 😮
I think there just 2 outside courts and they didn't have much capacity anyways but yeah you are right that they were free charge of admission for outside courts. I liked the Center Court at Bad Homburg. It was also pretty much packed even on weekdays

·
Registered
827 Posts
I just checked their website, and you are correct! Entrance is free to the whole place except for centre court. And they have a bunch of free entertainment activities for the kids, and have a special kids' day. I really like how much German society values children. It's a great place to raise kids. :)

Stuttgart Open even has free childcare! Apparently Porsche is sponsoring it again next year, so Emma will probably be there again. I'm definitely going to try to organize something for our family. My hubby doesn't care about tennis but can probably be persuaded to do almost anything for free childcare. :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Murray's and Kyrgios name should be swapped, it's not aligned with their photo...now that's annoying!
Hmmm, they should probably take Kyrgios out so we have two Brits and two Canadians center stage.

It is funny how they ignored the rankings and shoveled the top seed Pegula in a corner. I guess tournament marketing ranks players based on associated excitement and not ranking.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just checked their website, and you are correct! Entrance is free to the whole place except for centre court. And they have a bunch of free entertainment activities for the kids, and have a special kids' day. I really like how much German society values children. It's a great place to raise kids. :)

Stuttgart Open even has free childcare! Apparently Porsche is sponsoring it again next year, so Emma will probably be there again. I'm definitely going to try to organize something for our family. My hubby doesn't care about tennis but can probably be persuaded to do almost anything for free childcare. :)
You should go. Germans know how to organize these things and create a nice atmosphere. Accessible prices and freebies help too.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hmmm, they should probably take Kyrgios out so we have two Brits and two Canadians center stage.

It is funny how they ignored the rankings and shoveled the top seed Pegula in a corner. I guess tournament marketing ranks players based on associated excitement and not ranking.
Must be frustrating for players like Pegula.

1 - 20 of 1988 Posts