·
Registered
12,677 Posts
Tragic. DF to end it. :eek:

Putintseva didn't even celebrate, says it all. :shrug:

·
Registered
11,857 Posts
Ostapenko challenging many line calls, dfs galore.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hate to disappoint haters but it actually will be near impossible for Ostapenko to drop out of top 100 this year. For it to happen, she would need to lose every single match rest of the way. She has proved that, despite having very little interest, she can still win a match here or there, like 2 in Toronto last week. She is on 599 points this year. Year-end top 100 requirement in recent years has been around 650 mark. Today, No.100 player has 612 points. Haters in ruins!

·
Registered
21,910 Posts
Damn it, I missed the royal shit-show...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Jelena's serve... is she even doing something to try and fix it?
No, they (her team) have admitted as much, they are perfectly fine with it. French Open win was the worst thing that could have happened in her development. She's over 10 million in prize money and endorsements combined at 22. No need to change anything. That is also her own belief.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Huh!? Source? :sad:
It has openly been their position for a few years now which is embarrassing but I also see where they are coming from. Say, if she can win a Slam and have other big results, like multiple Wimbledon QFs, Miami Premier Mandatory final etc., what's the point of fixing something if she can have such results, despite it being painfully obvious that her serve is atrocious and flat out embarrassing.

Other problem is refusal to get a proper coach, one she will respect and listen to. In early years, she could not afford one which is not the case anymore. Too stubborn. She has only had 2 good coaches - AMG and David Taylor. I believe, it was impossible to keep Anabel because of her Fed Cup duties. As for Taylor, he tried to do something about that serve, she even started doing kick serves and stuff but fired him too early.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
post handshake

1 - 20 of 24 Posts