Registered
52,285 Posts
Sad to see but the match was on Keys' raquette from start to finish. :sad:

Vee :hug:

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
Venus was very, very bad :(

Madison on the other hand was very good out there, even her BH held up nicely.

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
18,222 Posts
NID...

Venus' serve is the worst it's EVER been, no free points, lots of double faults, predictable patterns. It's like she's playing without a serve. It was bad against Vekic too.

Groundstrokes too safe, no direction, didn't apply any pressure to Madison at all.

Anyone with a serve is going to dispatch Venus easily cuz she can't hold her own.

There's no point in her playing without her serve, she just can't throw it in the box and expect to get by on her movement.

Don't understand what her coach is trying to do with her game with loopy topspin and dropshots, those are cool how about we work on her serve & return??

·
Registered
13,701 Posts
32 winners to 3 :unsure:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Keys is going to be dangerous at this US Open...i think the favorites to go deep this year's US Open might be a whole bunch of "outsiders"....Keys, Andreescu, Kenin...the top players are so unstable with Barty, Osaka, Halep, Pliskova...even Serena will probably get to the final and lose...

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Keys making up for last weeks horrendous choke vs Vekic .... 6-3 *5-4 40-0

Good to see.

There isn't anyone else in the game that can generate such raw power.

Frighteningly effortless when they all land in, really does make you wonder if she’s the biggest underachiever in the game with that much power at her disposal.

Brain always been the main issue.

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
It’s not a mental problem. She is not a good mover and has extreme back swing = lots of errors.
She can't turn her shoulder to hit a good backhand, specially when she is standing out-wide above the Doubles' alley. I counted 10 of them in a row yesterday. she missed all of them. Today she only made 2 of them. Her backhand works only when she is not pushed out-wide. That's a huge liability.

If I can pick up that weakness in 2 matches, why can't the coach?

·
She can't turn her shoulder to hit a good backhand, specially when she is standing out-wide above the Doubles' alley. I counted 10 of them in a row yesterday. she missed all of them. Today she only made 2 of them. Her backhand works only when she is not pushed out-wide. That's a huge liability.

If I can pick up that weakness in 2 matches, why can't the coach?
You think it's easy to change your ways after playing professional tennis for over 2 damn decades?

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Maddy...

:grin2:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts